Newbie Here!
28 Sep 2018, 18:40
Good Afternoon!

I am in my second week of intermittent fasting. It has been both challenging and easy. By that, I mean that I really enjoy counting the calories I eat and actually learning about the food that I am eating rather than just eating it. Since I have started IF I have kept a food log of everything that I have eaten and the calories that each food contains. The difficult part is the fasting days. Some fasting days I am okay, others, I just wake up hungry and want to eat all day. Even though it is difficult, I like the challenge. The one thing that bothers me is when I go over the calorie count for a fasting day, It is only ever over by about 100, max. I have to teach myself that if I go over, that it isn't a "failed" fasting day. I just get frustrated with myself too easy. For jumping into IF feet first, I think that for the past 2 weeks I have been doing pretty well.

Since starting IF, I feel so much better when I wake up in the mornings. I used to wake up and just be so tired all day every day. Ever since my first fasting day, I wake up and feel great. It truly is a wonderful feeling. I don't just want to get home from work and go to bed, I want to do things with the family. It is nice to not feel like a zombie anymore. I am excited to see the long term results of IF.