The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

26 posts Page 2 of 2
:?: Hi guys, I too am new and we have started a support group in our town. Someone told us last night that she had been dieting like crazy for her wedding and had cut down to 500 cals every day! No weight loss at all and even put 2lb on she went back to 5:2 and lost on her first week back. Just thought I'd share the story in case anyone was thinking of cutting right down. You need to keep surprising your stomach !!
antigini wrote: :?: Hi guys, I too am new and we have started a support group in our town. Someone told us last night that she had been dieting like crazy for her wedding and had cut down to 500 cals every day! No weight loss at all and even put 2lb on she went back to 5:2 and lost on her first week back. Just thought I'd share the story in case anyone was thinking of cutting right down. You need to keep surprising your stomach !!

Hi Antigni *waves* That's how I lost my first 4lbs, by eating about 800cals every day, but I imagine long-term I'd have just ended up plateauing! Hope your friend got into shape for her wedding!
Hello! Congrats on your successes.

I did Weight Watchers for many years and after an initial loss of 40 pounds the first year, plateaued for 4 (!) years. Then quit and slowly gained much of it back. I have now lost 30 of that back through a variety of unfulfilling methods for the past 3 years.

I have actually found the 4:3 to be easier for me than the 5:2. I have 2 days that are always fast days and then the 3rd either on Saturday or Sunday. This keeps me from going overboard on 2 weekend days.
Hey :-) Feed day yesterday certainly went well! Me and my wee boy ate our way through the day with a cinnamon pretzel, fresh dinky donuts, lemon meringue fudge, Rocky road, and I treated us all to a bucketload of chips with garlic & herb dip, in the evening. I had a wonderful day, really enjoyed the freedom of eating what I fancied, and I'm having a fast day today. Think I'm going to stick to 4:3 for now.

Whitelily77 - I wish I was that relaxed, but I never am about losing weight. Once I start I wanna be slim asap!

deMuralist wrote: Hello! Congrats on your successes.

I did Weight Watchers for many years and after an initial loss of 40 pounds the first year, plateaued for 4 (!) years. Then quit and slowly gained much of it back. I have now lost 30 of that back through a variety of unfulfilling methods for the past 3 years.

I have actually found the 4:3 to be easier for me than the 5:2. I have 2 days that are always fast days and then the 3rd either on Saturday or Sunday. This keeps me from going overboard on 2 weekend days.
Thank you :-D And well done on your success!!
Yeah I think I agree, I'm going to fast Mon, Wed, and Fri, relax on the weekends.
WOW Miss Lemon, you really got my tummy roaring there!!

I'm going to get a Chinese tonight and I'm already craving it!!

I'm fasting Monday and Thursday but I think this coming week I'll do Monday, Wednesday and Friday just to keep my body guessing! Plus it's beloved's birthday on Thursday so I think I'll take him for a fancy pants meal and do a good recovery day on the Friday!

Looking forward to keeping up with your progress! :clover:
I cannot tell you how wonderful that freedom is for non-fasting days. On my weekend day, I will get up and drink my coffee and wonder what I am going to make myself for breakfast. I really work at making it something my body really wants as opposed to something my brain thinks it deserves.

I have been doing low carb for 2 years now, and while I still stay relatively low most of the time, steel cut oats for breakfast with a nice pat of real butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar is often my choice, and it feels decadent!
Janie_Bop wrote: WOW Miss Lemon, you really got my tummy roaring there!!

I'm going to get a Chinese tonight and I'm already craving it!!

I'm fasting Monday and Thursday but I think this coming week I'll do Monday, Wednesday and Friday just to keep my body guessing! Plus it's beloved's birthday on Thursday so I think I'll take him for a fancy pants meal and do a good recovery day on the Friday!

Looking forward to keeping up with your progress! :clover:

Lmao! I'm dotty about food!! Dying for another cinnamon pretzel now, and got lemon meringue fudge waiting for me tomorrow ;-)

What did you have for your Chinese? :inlove:
deMuralist wrote: I cannot tell you how wonderful that freedom is for non-fasting days. On my weekend day, I will get up and drink my coffee and wonder what I am going to make myself for breakfast. I really work at making it something my body really wants as opposed to something my brain thinks it deserves.

I have been doing low carb for 2 years now, and while I still stay relatively low most of the time, steel cut oats for breakfast with a nice pat of real butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar is often my choice, and it feels decadent!

Ooh steel cut oats sounds wonderful! How dyou have them?
Most times I just cook them over the stove with a shake of salt, a bit of brown sugar cooked in, then a nice pat of quality butter on top. But I have been known to bake them in a ramekin, mix the oats with milk, sugar, and egg to make a sort of custard. I have not done that one in a while, yum, will have to pull that recipe out this week! That one actually makes 4 (I think) and is just as good cold as hot.
Hi Miss Lemon,

Welcome to our party and you seem to have got off to a great start. I am sure you will get to where you want to be, even if it takes longer than you hoped, don't give up as this is not the fastest weight loss programme on the face of the earth but, for a lot of us, it is the healthiest and the best. Once you have reached your target weight, and YOU WILL, you will find maintenance a doddle so, good luck, keep posting and enjoy the view, :like:

Ballerina x :heart:
Hi Miss Lemon,
Well I just went for a chicken curry but uh oh...I was very ill after it!! I won't go into detail...Good news is, it's put me off for long enough again!!
26 posts Page 2 of 2