The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

65 posts Page 5 of 5
this sounds yummy @caitlin, how many people, (assuming they're all greedy guts like me), would these quantities serve? :grin: :?:
Hi @Ballerina, Yey I'm a plan person, `Systems Theory` was my big one at uni and has proved invaluable in menu planning. I like to have weekly or even monthly themes which works well as I end up at the weekend with lots of `bits and pieces` that go together, it's good for parties too.

I like my fast days too especially Monday, a little bit of downtime for my body.

Edinburgh must surely be the artisan bread capital of the world, also you seriously need to check out `Aberdeen Butteries` (some say have with butter some say jam) the Ben Nevis of Scottish baking IMO...

Anyway how are you finding/managing the rest of the Scotish diet :grin:

Xx
Thanks @callyanna The tahini is usually used in fish tagine but works well with veggies too...

I usually divide this amount into 4 decent portions but it will do 5 or 6 if you have flatbread as well. When I have aubergine or cauliflower I like quite a lot.

:smile:
Hi Caitlin,

Well as a wee Scottish lass, born and bred I do love the bread, we used to have 'well fired rolls' which meant they were burnt on the top but oh, I just loved them. Hubs is desperate for some Arbroath smokies but with my dislike for smelly fish not sure how this is going to happen. I must say that for a half Austrian he is much more of a Scotia-file than I could ever be, he even loves Scotch, yuk! I love the sound of the Aberdeen Butteries though, must try and get some....SOON!

Ballerina x :heart:
Reminds me of a horror story of when I was young and returned from being out at pub with friends we returned to my family home and I made a stir-fry only to realize half way into the meal that my mum had been frying kippers in the skillet, gross!

The occasional veggie haggis and a bit of Crowdie is my limit on Scottish cuisine, and of course the Butteries... I think there was some dreadful mixup at the hospital, my real parents were either Mediterranean wandering minstrels or Lizards :smile:
65 posts Page 5 of 5