The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Calvin's log
13 Aug 2013, 20:09
Hi !

Starting this to keep track of my progress and have some place to record things I think of during the dietting.

I will be trying to update it once a week preferbly some time after my weighing on monday mornings ;)

First week went real well and I was down 1,1 kg even if the first week felt a little so so.

Looking forward to this week and about lunchtime tomorrow I have had my first fast with about 600 Calories to lunch today. Eat Monday around 1900 and ate lunch today and now fasting until lunch tomorrow! What do you think of that solution as a more experienced faster?
Re: Calvin's log
13 Aug 2013, 20:40
Hi Calvin and Welcome well you're off to a good start :like: That's the motivation you need to help you to do week 2. Good Luck :clover: Sue
19 Aug 2013, 08:25
New week finished and a new one started with a weight in.

This last week I have lost 1 kg. A little bit less than last week but still a great result :oops:

I was out training (walking/jogging) 4 days last week approx. 30 min each time and have a goal of being able to do it also this week.

The fast days looks like they are going to end up more or less on Monday`s and Wednesday’s as that suits my regular life best.
I start on Sunday evening about 2000 and doesn`t eat before lunch Monday and try to stay around 600 calories this meal.
After lunch I keep going with work and training until I go to bed so that I don`t think that much of eating. When I wake up the next day I`m not hungry so I keep going until lunch before I eat again. This lunch has been on the big side a couple of times(not that much in time for calories but in size).

After a dinner Tuesday`s the same thing goes for Wednesday.

My feed days during the week are "easy" so far to "restrict" myself on but weekends are harder. I want to eat about 2500 calories but on feed days but I know I get over that in the weekends where I then to fall back to my old ways with snacking far too often since I`m home and close by the fridge.
Hopefully this will change as I progress with this way living.

I will hopefully keep on losing weight in this tempo if I step up the intensity of the training as I get stronger and lighter. But I see that I might get to stand still or loose less as the extra kilo`s get fewer.

So far real good but there is some adjusting to do(in the way you think of food and hunger) so I think I will have to go another couple of months before it gets my new way of living.
26 Aug 2013, 07:16
A new week has passed.
I felt I have been quite good this week.
Training a lot and eating "nicely" except for friday and sunday.
The scale showed 0,2 kg up so that was a little disappointing but I think the reason is my training last night. I drink a lot when training and the body binds water after you train. So I think I`m approximately even steven from last week.
Even this is a little disappointing but when you think of that I`m down 2 kilos in 3 weeks I`m quite happy any way.
The fasting seems to become easier along the way - not having the hunger pangs I had the first week so hopefully this will continue.
I like this WOE because it does little to affect the people around me. I can go visit people and I don`t have to think of what they might serve or not serve. My wife can eat her dinner on my fast days and don`t think of me since I skip dinner (eat lunch at work one day and skip everything until lunch at work the day afterwards) and a big breakfast eater I have never been so she is used to eating her breakfast alone 
Since I started I have cut out all weekdays breakfast`s. I eat lunch and dinner on non fast-day`s and maybe a snack before bedtime. On fast-day`s I start the evening before and go until lunch without food.
I`ve not changed my way of eating a lot but I`m probably eating smaller portion`s. I going to try eating healthier and feast-days as well but will not be stopping allowing myself the occasional real feast.
02 Sep 2013, 09:10
This week I have to confess I don`t think I`ve been as good as I should, but I went down 700 grams 
Some of that I think is from last week but who cares. It goes in the right direction again and that the important thing.
This week I`ll be exercising more again and eat more healthy also on my non fast days. I think the last week was a little too much snack days and feast days.
So hopefully I`ll have a nice progression this week.
5 posts Page 1 of 1