The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

27 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Cat's Progress Journal
11 Jul 2015, 20:01
julianna wrote: Congratulations Dazzlecat2 . sounds like to me you have reached a healthy weight and you have a great healthy attitude in realising that this is probably where your body is happy. Yay!
XXX julianna

Thanks Julianna for writing on my posts. I feel like the whole thing about being really skinny has gone overboard in our society. And I try not to get sucked into it. :grin:
11 Jul 2015, 20:07
CandiceMarie wrote: Just read your journey Cat x sorry about yr chronic health probs. I have chronic fatigue syndrome / ME ...being unwell makeslife so much harder doesnt it.There's nothing as precious as good health and strength.
I think 10 stone at 5' 8" is wonderful..i am 5.2.5 and wd be thrilled to be that weight! But then i' m 65 and have struggled with my weight for the last 30 years,so i can't expect miracles! :lol:
Just keep an eye on things and if you happen to gain a pound or two,zap it before it becomes five pounds,halfa stone,ten pounds!
Fingers crossed one day we'll be well again! I love yr name by the way! X

Hi CandiceMarie, So sorry about your CFS. I was diagnosed with that about 20 years ago. But after I stopped eating gluten I stopped being exhausted all the time. So I think I got misdiagnosed. And yes, keeping an eye on my weight is my plan from now on. I lost 30 lbs 2 years ago but gained 15 of it back - because I didn't pay attention to my weight. So I've learned my lesson. :grin:
11 Jul 2015, 20:12
I am now officially in the 130 weight range. I weighed in at 139 yesterday. I am really surprised since I ate some really big meals over the 4th of July weekend. My body is strange. I don't feel hungry one week and think for sure i'm gonna drop a pound, but then end up gaining a pound instead. Or I pig out on a couple of days and think I'm gonna gain weight, only to find I've lost weight.
Even if I don't get any lower then this I can say I'm in the 130 weight range. heehee. :grin:
11 Jul 2015, 21:11
Well done Daz! X
And i ' m so glad you dont have CFS ..wdnt wish it on my worst enemy
Going gluten free more or less helped cure my and DDs irritable bowel syndrome along with some colpermin and mebeverine xx
19 Jul 2015, 04:24
CandiceMarie wrote: Well done Daz! X
And i ' m so glad you dont have CFS ..wdnt wish it on my worst enemy
Going gluten free more or less helped cure my and DDs irritable bowel syndrome along with some colpermin and mebeverine xx

Candice,
So glad to hear that a gluten free diet cleared up some health issues for you. I am a total believer that many of our ill health is caused by having way too much gluten in our diet.
19 Jul 2015, 04:30
Hovering at 140. not feeling very hungry these last few days which is a good thing. I ate a bunch of food last week due to friends being in town. Got back up to 141 and now back down to 140. I can tell from here on out that if I don't really watch my weight I'll be putting it all back on real fast. i have started doing stomach churns because my stomach still feel big and poggy. I would like to get that off my midsection.
26 Jul 2015, 20:46
I am back down to 139. yay! I have not been very hungry the last 4 days. And one day when I was, I decided that I could be OK with being hungry. And about an hour later, I wasn't hungry anymore, even though I didn't eat anything.

My mom grew up very poor and very hungry, so her lesson to us was always eat when you're hungry. as though we would die if we didn't eat right away. So I need to work on getting rid of that belief, that I need to eat when I'm hungry.

I have decided that I don't want to go through life grazing on food. I see people I know, family members in particular, who are constantly snacking. They snack when they aren't even hungry. I want to live a life where I am eating good food that feeds my body what it needs, without stuffing it with crap that only makes me fat and unhealthy.

I haven't started any yoga yet, but I am doing stomach crunches and my stretching routine every day. I am feeling good.
01 Aug 2015, 03:14
I am now at 138.2. Yay, my lightest weight in about 20 years. And my waist is suddenly at 33, after being stuck at 34 for months. I pretty sure I don't know how to measure my waist correctly, I think that is really whats going on. Because losing .75 lbs in 1 week should not cause my waist to shrink an inch.

I am not very hungry anymore. I think my stomach is getting used to eating around 1000 calories a day. I like not feeling controlled by food. :grin:
08 Aug 2015, 16:23
Wow, I'm at 136.2 this morning. That's 2 pounds lighter then last week. Strange, as I've been eating around 1000 calories a day on average. I have been losing about .5 lb. each week and now 2 lbs in 1 week. Maybe the scale is broke? Anyway, I'll take it. I've been really stressed out about work so I went to a movie and pigged out on popcorn. Thought for sure I'd gain weight this week. I don't usually do the "emotional eating" but just couldn't help myself this time. Anyway, I am very pleased.
09 Aug 2015, 10:36
Nice one @Dazzlecat2 keep going :like: :clover: :victory: :cool:
22 Sep 2015, 00:07
wow, I didn't realize I hadn't been here in over a month. I am still maintaining my weight around 135 lbs. I have bought new pants that fit me but even though they are a nice fit around my waist and butt, I get a muffin top. This makes me think I'm still overweight, so I looked up my ideal body weight for my height and my bone size. I'm a small bone size and 5.8, so my ideal weight is between 125 and 134. I'm at 135.

I have decided my new goal is 127 lbs. I used to weight that when I was in my early 30s and I loved that weight. I felt really good in jeans and form fitting t-shirts - no muffin tops.

I also have a much younger man paying some attention to me so I'm thinking I want to get in really good shape. I'm starting yoga - I know I keep saying that - but this week I'm really starting.

I love this diet. I'm still just eating under 1500 calories each day (although I spent a week in Mpls and gained 2 lbs from all the amazing restaurant food) and maintaining my weight. To lose the extra 8 lbs I'm going to cut down to 1000 calories a day and see what that does. I am also thinking about doing a raw diet once a week. Nothing but raw veggies and fruits. I hear that is really good for the body.
23 Nov 2015, 03:39
I am now down to 131 lbs and have been hovering between 130 and 132 for about a month now. so yay for me. my stomach is still flabbly though. oh well, i'm not young anymore and i guess I'm never going to have a flat stomach again. So I'm not going to worry about it. As long as I'm healthy and not in danger of getting type 2 diabetes then I'm happy. :cool:
27 posts Page 2 of 2