The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

17 posts Page 1 of 2
DeeOne's WL Marathon Journal
09 Nov 2013, 10:34
Hi I'm Dee
I started on monday and I've decided to keep a Journal to help me stay on the straight & narrow. This is not my first round of an intermittant fast WLM. I previously started ADF in 2012 & went from 140kg to 105kg in just under a year. I fell off the wagon early this year due to health problems & meds resulting in depression, went on a binging spree regaining 17kg. Now I've been told to lose weight for upcoming major surgery, so hopefully this will give me the focus I need to get back on track.

*Update* ~5 days in
I jumped on the scales this morning & I'm down 4kg :grin: Now I know its my first WLM week, so its mostly water. Plus I still have an intermediate day & Up day to go, but its such a morale booster I decided to log it. I will be keeping my weigh-in days to Saturdays & expecting losses to slow down to around a kilo a week. I do have loads to lose which is why I'm doing an adapted 4:3, so hopefully my losses may tend to be a little higher than the average for a while.(fingers crossed)
Well done Dee! I would expect you to lose between .5kg and 1kg a week, 2kg maybe a little much to expect but just keep on keeping on because you already know that this WoE works. :)
Thanks Betsy :) yes 2kg a week would be too much to expect. I was more thinking around 1kg a week, so 0.5 - 1kg would be great.
:heart: :heart: Hi Dee and Welcome :heart: :heart:
Well done thats a fantastic start and just the motivation to carry you forward :heart: I've a very long way to go with this journey so will be around to give you support
along the way.
You know how to do it and you've the tools for the job so
:clover: Good. Luck 2nd time around :clover: Sue :clover: :clover:
Thanks for the welcome Sue :) Well done on your losses so far & good luck on your xmas goal. I really appreciate your offer of support that's where these forums are worth their weight in gold :)

P.S. I just took a look at your tracker & see that our starting stats are similar. It helps to see someone who has followed a similar path that you want to take & extra congrats on getting into double digits. I dont drink much, but there will be a nice bottle of wine with my name on when I get under a 100kgs :)
Welcome Dee. Amazing loss already! Well done :like: :clover: :like: :clover:
Thanks rawkaren :) I was pretty chuffed, but I wont be too disappointed if I stall or even gain slightly next week while my body settles back into WLM, I tend to view my overall losses monthly to get a real picture of my loss trends.
:heart: Hi Dee yes I'd not seen your BMI as I posted + mine was over 44 at my start so each stone has been a goal plus a little treat for me :heart: I've jus finished repairing holiday damage of 5kg :shock: :shock: but its now gone forever
:heart: Now yes I'm below 100 kg only just below but aiming for my 95 kg interim goal for Christmas :heart: Sue. :clover:
DD today & after 2 non fast days I couldnt resist a peek on the scales to see how my body has reacted. I used to be a daily weigher, so I know the fluctuations on the scales especially after carby non fast days can be a shocker. :shock: I'm only up 0.6kg since my sat morning weigh in so thankfully no big shocks. I read somewhere that a 0.5 - 1.5kg swing is reasonable, so I'm tempted to keep an eye on my weekend gains to keep my carbs in check :)
On my midweek DD today & settling into a good routine. I have 2 100 cals snacks and 1 250-300 cal meal spread between 12 & 8pm. I'm trying to use the 16/8 approach on UDs too as late night snacking is part of the slippery slope to my binge hell.
My 4:3 week consists of M.W.F 500cals, Tu.Th.Su 1800cals and Sat 1150cals. Even though Sat is an intermediate day I'm pretty relaxed about it so I don't stress if it goes a little over as long as I keep it under my limits.:)
Friday's fast day went reasonably well apart from a small choccie slip up while watching a late night movie, I did resist the temptation to eat the whole bar & hid the other half in the freezer lol. Saturday morning still came in with a 1kg loss, so maybe it hasn't registered yet, but the battle with the late night snacking may take a little while longer to get under control :struggle:
You're doing really well DeeOne....we all slip up sometimes just have to get back to being angels again ! Give your angel side a big kiss. :angel:
Hey Auriga, aww thanks for the support, really appreciate your kind words :)

Weigh in update
Down 2kg this week which is a lovely surprised. YaY!! I've had a good week foodwise & stayed close my limits. I'm sure half of that is due to having a stressful week and barely eating till early evening, which has made it easier not to midnight snack.
I'm having to move home to somewhere smaller & more manageable with my mobility issues, eeny weeny kitchen but then its the kitchen that gets me into trouble, but with some work needed & no finance to sort it & just before Xmas too I'm in the twilight zone ( hears theme tune). So the next couple weeks will consist of major packing & trying to work out how to squeeze the contents of a large home into a dolly house lol i hateeeeeee moving arggghh
Hey! well done there DeeOne and good luck with the packing. Might be time for a great clear out of stuff you really don't need anymore....and I do sympathise I have moved house more than twenty times in my life and I blame the Ministry of Defence for that one! Very good luck to you with the move. :clover:
Great loss this week. Well done. :like: Good luck with your move. I hope it makes your mobility issues easier :heart:
17 posts Page 1 of 2