The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

21 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Gnoory's Journal
08 Jan 2014, 22:29
@P-JK I do not drink coffee, but thought it might be a good idea to start enjoying tea. I'm going to experiment tomorrow, and try do drink a bit more mineral water. The one I drink also contain some salts and minerals and taste, something I've picked up may help a bit?

Curious about tomorrow, if the day feels any different from the first, and also if the side effects or the day after tomorrow differ.

Anyway, the day today has been wonderful. It's really a benefit not having to count calories on non-fasting days and having a moderate but relaxed relationship to food. It really hit me on the first day : Food is really EVERYWHERE! Huge quantities at home, at work, at every corner in the city, in newspapers, on the net, on TV. If it's not about eating less food, it's about being able to make all kind of gourmet dishes and eat more. On monday it felt good to get a distance from all this, and really notice how much focus there is on food, and not needing to have anything to do with it.
08 Jan 2014, 22:48
If you want a bit more flavour in your water without the calories a good squirt of lemon juice gives it a zing.

Welcome to the forums. I'm another big loser, not quite in Sue Q's leauge though, plus my progress line looks more like kids bumpy slide than a steady progress. But the biggest thing for me is that I am still here, still plodding along and still enjoying both fasts days and my food.
10 Jan 2014, 07:49
Julieathome wrote: If you want a bit more flavour in your water without the calories a good squirt of lemon juice gives it a zing.

Welcome to the forums. I'm another big loser, not quite in Sue Q's leauge though, plus my progress line looks more like kids bumpy slide than a steady progress. But the biggest thing for me is that I am still here, still plodding along and still enjoying both fasts days and my food.

Thanks for the tip! Yesterday was my second fast day, and it went much better than the first. Almost no freezing, hunger was easier to cope with, and overall the day seemed more managable to complete. A good sence of achievement today, and the thought of now having three days with normal eating - and having just shaved off -1800 calories - it's feels like a million bucks :like:

I think your progress line points in the direction of success! I used three years to get of 21 kg, it's not a big regret it happened so slow. This because it IS happening, and soon we will both be where we want. Not many shave of the weight and keep it that way. That's the benefit of doing it slow - you know you'll be well equipped to keep it down when you get there :smile:
10 Jan 2014, 08:06
Yes one of the unexpected results (for me) is that 5:2 actually makes you feel better (on most days) and enjoy food more than before.
13 Jan 2014, 07:30
Thrid day of fasting, and first official measurement after the startup. Not disapointed : -1,5 kg. Surprised with this result since I have been on a low cal diet for a long time before this, loosing 5 kg the last 6 months. Let's hope a large chunk of that is fat, not just water!

Good luck this weeek to all of you! Thrid day of fasting, BRING IT ON! :cool:
13 Jan 2014, 17:46
Nice to read about your progress. Perhaps we could occasionally post some reports to the men only! section.
21 posts Page 2 of 2