The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I have started a blog but not sure anyone reads them?! Think it will keep me on track with my thinking to have it all in one place so going to start a thread for myself...

So. Been a bit up and down since my first official weigh in (actually two weeks ago, I was guessing before then!). Lost six pounds last week and was sceptical. Seems I was right to be, though was hoping in the meantime... since I put on 2.5 lbs over weekend, despite sticking to my TDEE.

What I need to do then, as you've all rightly said on my moany threads, is to give myself a good hard talking to. In reality, in two weeks of fasting, I've actually lost 3.4lbs, which is not bad at all, given I am hypothyroid. An average of 1.7lbs a week is an average I'd be very happy with, and I'd actually settle for one. This is progress, just not as fast as my delusional weigh in last week suggested!

The fast days have been fine. Some are harder than others but with 3-4 weeks of fasting now under my belt, they are manageable and predictable. Have settled into eating only in the evenings, surviving on tea and coffee with a splash of milk and stevia during the day. And my TDEE on non fast days is just over 1900 cals so I am finding learning about how to stick to that very helpful. I know it will have to go down, but logging my food on MFP is really helping me see I CAN have treats, just not as many as I was used to in the 'Old Days' of stuffing my face thoughtlessly! Overall then, all good so far!
Good luck @Bluebirdie and actually 1.7lbs per week is pretty good!

:fat: I think it's good going, long may it continue.
Not a good day today, so am posting to be a witness to myself. If I try and forget about it, I will end up either pretending it is ok, or falling back into the old psychology of I can't do it, no point etc.

Instead, I am writing today off. But not tomorrow. I have had a tough one today at work, row with boss, feeling under pressure with deadlines, colleagues difficult. So I guess it was comfort eating this evening. But I need to remember Rome wasn't built in a day and changing a lifetime of bad habits is going to have the odd setback. First time I have gone substantially over my TDEE so not doing badly in three weeks, as long as it doesn't end up a pattern I can't get out of. It feels good to say publicly I stuff myself, knowing I can choose what comes next.

I choose to move that line downwards again, slowly but surely...
Hi @Bluebirdie,
Hope you dont mind me jumping into your blog.
Bluebirdie wrote: ..What I need to do then, as you've all rightly said on my moany threads, is to give myself a good hard talking to. In reality, in two weeks of fasting, I've actually lost 3.4lbs, which is not bad at all, given I am hypothyroid. An average of 1.7lbs a week is an average I'd be very happy with, and I'd actually settle for one. This is progress, just not as fast as my delusional weigh in last week suggested!..

I went to a work training day- one of those happy clappy touchy feely courses! The trainer said that if anybody else said the things our inner voice says to us we would probably hit them! We can be very negative and harsh to ourselves. It can feel downright uncomfortable saying positive things like "yeah, I did really well" even in our own head. So I will say it for you:

WOW, YOU LOST 3.4LBS IN ONLY 2 WEEKS. THAT IS FANTASTIC! :victory: :grin: :victory: :grin:

This is a great thread with a tongue in cheek look at the negative inner voice.http://www.fastday.com/post71147.html#p71147

The other thing to remember is that weight creeps on slowly. It comes off the same way. And It even bounces up instead of down! I did a mega hike today and I know even so I will only be down 1lb or so. Read my blog. I mentioned that all that hiking only burned off the same cals as 200g of potato but I felt like I should be down 8 stone! It was a joke, but I know that I always feel like I deserve a bigger weight loss because of all the efforts.

You really did do fantasticly!
HTH
Had a two day TDEE blow out, but back to a fast day today. Think the stress of work things tipped me over the edge but I am pretty resolute about getting back on track. Feeling positive if tired today. The key is going to be not letting moments like this throw me off completely. Instead I am just going to see these moments as an inevitable blip. I'm going to have a bday day or two in a long haul.

Put a pound on. Not too bad. Hoping I can lose it again soon...
So I weighed in this morning after my fast day yesterday and squeaked down a little bit again. Am very happy with that as the line is pointing downwards again, which is all I care about. But I need to find a way of balancing my need for weekend treats, with keeping under my TDEE...

...oh my god, don't tell me I have to start thinking about EXERCISE?!!
6 posts Page 1 of 1