The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
help, I got the munchies!
15 Feb 2014, 11:42
Hi folks,
Im looking for ideas on how to stop myself eating through the kitchen today!

This is my first week. I have my 2 fasts and three runs done. Now I feel like I should "reward" myself. I know I emotionally eat. That's what got me here. But I need help to put the breaks on!

Ive had a good breakfast. An hour later I was at the toaster. 30 mins later I was dipping into yesterday's baking. :oops: I have been reading the inspirational success stories here, hoping it would help. Then keeping myself busy, but all the time thinking about having a blow out. I have been so good all week, tracking every bite and keeping below my tdee while doing excercise. Im afraid I will undo everything today.

I cant just head off for a walk as I have 3 young kids and a puppy - its a military operation to get out the door. Hubby having his weekend lie in, so we will do something later. But in the meantime.......bickies, chocolate, toast with cheese....mmmmmmm...help!
Re: help, I got the munchies!
15 Feb 2014, 11:58
The only advice I can offer is don't have breakfast, if I have breakfast I'm hungry all day long.......have a hearty brunch instead. :starving:
15 Feb 2014, 12:15
Right now have a coffee, tea, water, even OXO, that'll help. Stay away from the kitchen and all its temptation, try to relax and take deep breath and keep in mind that craving and hunger pangs come and go. Thay are waves, not here to stay.

In the future, I would suggest you try to eat as late as possible and try to make that first meal full of proteins and fibers that will keep you full longer.

I promise you, it gets easier
15 Feb 2014, 12:42
Hubby is up so me and the puppy are heading for a big walk....well away from the kitchen!

Problem averted....hopefully.
15 Feb 2014, 12:54
What everyone else said :smile: and stay out of the kitchen. It's closed after meal times!!!!! If you must go in there, make a drink and walk out again. Honestly, it's all in the mind
15 Feb 2014, 14:35
carieoates wrote: The only advice I can offer is don't have breakfast, if I have breakfast I'm hungry all day long.......have a hearty brunch instead. :starving:

This work for me also. :heart:
15 Feb 2014, 15:47
The uncontrollable urge to stuff oneself is something that many of us on here have had to deal with! :oops: Perhaps next week you could try eating up to your TDEE, rather than skimping, on your non-fast days. That way you won't feel deprived, which often results in us needing to reward ourselves by over-eating on rubbish! :cry: This may mean that you achieve a slightly slower weight loss but will help you to make this WOE much more sustainable in the long term. :smile:

If all else fails, make this a day when you eat whatever you want, (just not huge amounts of it!) and don't feel guilty! This WOE is not about guilt, it's about enjoying your food, so don't beat yourself over one day!

Good luck! :clover:
15 Feb 2014, 19:28
Thanks for listening, or reading, and thanks for the advice. :like: :like:

I did walk the dog for about 40 mins. When I got back hubby had everyone ready to hop into the car and we went to the cinema. I managed to bypass the cinema treats as lovely hubby had healthy sandwiches and fruit. :heart: We got back kinda late, so it was a quick dinner of saussages and chips. I had a quarter of my usual portion of these and filled the plate with steamed asparagus and bell peppers. So, it turned out not to be such a disaster as I feared. Starting this thread and reading the replies definitely helped.
15 Feb 2014, 19:39
That's it. Loads of veggies on the plate, sausages and chips on the side :wink:
16 Feb 2014, 04:49
Wendy Darling wrote: That's it. Loads of veggies on the plate, sausages and chips on the side :wink:

Thanks @wendy darling. I must admit that the addition of the veggies is new for me. The old me (from last week!) would have loaded the plate and topped it with a heavy scattering of cheese. I dont mind the veggies but I often overeat carbs or protein. I figured its much harder to overeat veggies.
16 Feb 2014, 08:50
Well done for negotiating the cinema treats and filling up on the veggies. I'm really pleased that you didn't feel that you had to give up the chips - you did just the right thing by eating them, enjoying them - but in moderation. What a star you are! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
11 posts Page 1 of 1