The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

14 posts Page 1 of 1
imcountingufoz's rambly updates
21 Apr 2014, 18:12
Third fast since I re-started 5:2 last Monday, and I think it's gone well today.

Coffee for breakfast (25 cals), then nothing (bar a little bite of my husband's blueberry muffin) til dinner when I had a cheeky bitsesized falafel (50 cals!!!!!), a salad with dressing (45 cals max - dressing was 35 cals, and it was just leaves) and a pollock fillet with lemon and herb crust (207 cals), plus a teeny bit, literally 2 bites, of spanish omelette that I made, lovingly, for my husband and children.

So that is 327 for the day. Lets round it up to 360 to be really safe, as I can't figure out what the muffin and omelette bites would be.

I quite fancy another falafel, but I fear that road might be slippery.

Falafel craving aside, I haven't really felt hungry at all today.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
I found today quite hard. I had a horrible fasting headache and felt shivery all day, so had a nap after I had made lunch for my son. I tend to feel cold on fast days, but the headache was a new thing and it sucked.

Did today on 475ish cals.

Can't wait for a boiled egg and soldiers tomorrow morning as a post school run treat!
If it is any consultation the shivers mean you are in the zone, headaches are horrible so have enough caffine eg a couple of cups of unsweetened tea , a salty drink and keep up enough fluids.

Nice to have you back and best of luck
YES! 2lbs off this week. The shivers were definitely worth it.
Ugh. No loss this week. Not even an ounce. Probably not even a gram!

It was a good week apart from on Wednesday when I went to Ikea for horse meatballs and a cinnamon doughnut, and then had spag bol in the evening. I am confident that would have been well over my TDEE ;)

A bit gutted to be honest.
Hello all, I need a serious pep talk.

I've just weighed myself and I have lost nothing for the second week in a row. I've been back on 5:2 for 4 weeks now, and quite frankly, it's very disheartening to lose nothing when you're doing everything right.

It seems like unless I am "good" every day, and by that I mean, low carb and low fat, I don't lose, and that is not what this is meant to be about. 2 fasts a week I can maintain, a lifetime of no pasta or bread and no chocolate or beer, I really can't.

I seem to be stuck at 147lbs (10 and a half stone) and in an idea world, I'd like to get down to 9 and a half, but would be fairly content between that and 10 stone.

Please please hit me with your wisdom, you guys. It's infuriating when you don't have much to lose and it won't shift :( :(
Having a healthy BMI seems to really slow down the loss doesn't it. Not that I'm anywhere near that myself.
Only thing I suggest is daily weighing to see of you are shifting anything at all. I also think you need to speak to the "nearly there" brigade.

Good luck and let us know how it's going.
'Hand on heart' are you really sticking to 500 calories or less on fast days? I would also say low carbs 'yes' , but low fat.....'NO'.....healthy fats are better than carb laden low fat foods. Having said that sometimes it just takes a few weeks to get started on fat burning and this WOE is not a passport to eating unhealthy things the rest of the time. Some of us are really sensitive to the carbs in bread, beer, chocolate and pasta.....and it's possible that if you can't cut down on those things then you might not lose weight. It's a sorry fact if you love them a lot! They are the types of food that up your insulin levels and then you'll store fat. You don't have to give them up completely, just be careful with them.
Losing weight takes a bit of effort and doesn't happen overnight, but if you stick with this WOE it will work. When I am doubting things I always look up @carorees before and after pictures and what she has to say, as well as @Moogie's. They always make me think how lucky I am that I wasn't too overweight to start with and that the journey for me was much shorter than theirs. They had TRUE dedication and there was no overnight miracle!
Don't give up trying.......carry on and you'll find what works for you. I started out at 10stone 8lbs and I am now 8stone 12lbs....so if this 63 year old can do it so can you!
Hand on my heart, I definitely definitely stick to 500cals. Yesterday was under 400, and it was a fairly substantial meal (chicken and a huge salad)

I'm having a week of paleo to see what thats all about. So far, so good :)
Another 1lb off this week :)

I've blogged about my journey on paleo/5:2 so far, it's here if you'd like a read:

http://imcountingufoz.com/52-diet-2/com ... ting-10240
That all looks rather wonderful on your blog so well done, it certainly is a positive way forward :0)
Another week, 2 fasts, my daughter's birthday (and her request for strawberry cheesecake and dough balls) means only a half pound loss this week - still, the scales are going the right way!

I've included my fast day dinners, and a recipe for chicken, butternut squash and aubergine curry.

http://imcountingufoz.com/recipes/52-friday-10821
Looks like you may have hit the key to your weight loss, hope so, well done

Ballerina x :heart:
14 posts Page 1 of 1