The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Jo's diaries
20 Jan 2015, 09:51
Hi everyone !
(I apologize in advance for any lack of English, I am french :smile: )
What a good idea to write a diaries to keep me focus toward my goal!
My goal is to loose 15 kg ( around 30 pound )
I started 5:2 last week Monday 12/01, but travelled all last week
So I fasted Sunday instead of last Thursday , and I am fasting today instead of yesterday
so far so good, fasting is not as hard as I though up to now and I am happy for that
yesterday was a feeding day , but I feel that I didn't have a normal eating day , no real meal and eating without feeling hungry through the day :frown: not good !!!! I ll do better tomorrow
my only rule on feeding day is simple , I only eat when I am hungry
I try to get rid of the food obsession, to recognize when I am really hungry and the hardest to stop when I am satisfy
the fast already help me to re-experience hunger and it's fine to be hungry sometimes
I aim to weigh myself every 1 or 2 weeks . I don't want to be obsessed with my scale as usual
I am ready to take it one day at the time , one pound at the time no race this time , I have my extra weigh for years now so let remove it without torturing me . I really want to change my way of eating and adjust it step by step .
so good luck to all the Tuesday faster :smile:
Re: Jo's diaries
20 Jan 2015, 10:03
Hi @newjo. Believe me your English is so good. Much better than my French!!
It sounds as though its going really well for you so far. I can relate to everything you said. Feast days are, in my opinion, more difficult than fast days and you're right; why do we eat for eating's sake? Yes, waiting until we are really hungry (as on a fast day) is the key and not eating because we can and (in my case) because I know I'm fasting the next day. So what? I'll just eat less...and lose more!!
Good luck with 5:2, I hope you have great success with it...as I'm sure you will! :wink:
20 Jan 2015, 10:07
Welcome to the forum, @newjo, and this Way of Life (WOL). We are a friendly crowd, with lots of experience and knowledge, so never be afraid to ask if you have any questions or need some support. :?:
It sounds as if you have a very balanced view of how you will make 5:2 work for you, so good luck in your weight loss journey. By the way, your English is very good - better than some English people! :smile: I could certainly never have written your post in French! :oops:
Good luck with today's fast! :clover:
20 Jan 2015, 11:25
Sounds like you have good plan and you're able to fit in your fasts even when it's tricky - way to go!
Welcome and good luck :like:
20 Jan 2015, 11:51
Great into there.
Good luck and join the family.
Make sure you use the progress tracker measure everywhere.
20 Jan 2015, 11:59

Hi there, Newjo,
welcome from me, too, and wishing you the best for your FD-journey with us. I find your idea of weigh-ins every other week helpful. I did it that way, too. For this month I even decided to wait until the last day of January. Admit that I am pretty curious, though.

Enjoy your letting go of fat cells (the process itself can be very nurturing in a way of soul changing in my perception)
cheers
Mahalo :heart:
20 Jan 2015, 12:13
Lovely intro Jo x i can relate to all you say x good luck on this journey and lots of support here to help you along the way x
20 Jan 2015, 14:06
Thank you all for the support :smile:
21 Jan 2015, 10:22
hi everyone
Yesterday fast went quite well: clementin + a small piece of chicken breast around 3pm, soup and fish at night
except that I was a bit stress for personal reason so I couldn't sleep up to 2 AM and I felt very hungry at night
anyway I finally fall a sleep and was super hungry when I wake up
I had bread and cheese for breakfast ( love cheese ) but didn't overeat
I am at work and I want to wait to be really hungry before my lunch even if it is at 4 pm
plan to drink plenty of water with lemon .
I still don't feel the need to weight myself after 1 weeks and a half and I am happy for that so I will carry one like that
and see if i can wait until the 1 st of February
have a good day everybody and good luck to all to the faster of the day
jo
22 Jan 2015, 04:55
Hi Jo, I will add my welcome! :) Sounds like this way of eating has started off well for you. :D

Learning how to recognise hunger and not eat for the sake of it, is a fantastic skill to have. Please continue to share your experiences - it is so useful to hear about how fasting works for others.

Best wishes and good luck. :clover:
22 Jan 2015, 15:50
hello Everyone

@ sassy: I still working on it , I really like to eat and I usually don't need to be hungry to eat :grin:
but I believe that this is the key
the thin people don't overeat but wait to be hungry.
we appreciate better the food when we are hungry i think
they don t seems as focus as me on what they are going to eat but they eat what they want.
they enjoy food with the awareness that it's still there
they can have a little and finish later if they are not hungry anymore .
when it is something I really like , I tend to finish it all like it's the last time I will ever eat and even if i am full .
I believe our body has craving for some reason I just want to be able to have one piece of chocolate and not the all pack
I think that I did so many diet that I became a bit obsessed with food. so I try to work on it.
I read a nice book about this subject by a DR named Zermati (in french unfortunatly maybe there is some translation )
so yeah , fasting help recognize hunger again , knowing that it's not the end of the world if i don t eat , it's good for health and help me loose weight
it's all good for me :smile:

today is my last fasting of the week
I had a kaki and some tilapia at 4pm et will have a salad with the rest of my fish at night. it's going well so far
have a good day everybody and good luck to all the Thursday faster
11 posts Page 1 of 1