The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Karen's fast diary!
10 Aug 2013, 14:48
This is my second attempt at the 5:2 way of life. First attempt ended after 1 week with appendicitis but I've been back for three weeks. Starting weight 11st 4lb (158lbs I think). Yesterday 10st 8lb. My weight can change as much as 5 or 6 pounds from morning to evening so I will wait to see what it settles at but, with my target weight at 10st, I'm getting there much quicker than I expected.

Fasting isn't easy. Some days I could chew my own arm off but it also isnt as difficult as I imagined. My fast days are mondays (to make up for the naughty weekends) and Thursdays.

I am not what you would call overweight particularly but I have steadily put on 3 stone over the last 10 years and I would like to get back down to around 10st. Overall though I was won over by the health benefits that this WOL promises.

I look forward to sharing my progress with you all!

Karen
Re: Karen's fast diary!
10 Aug 2013, 15:10
Hi Karen and Welcome :like: well as you say fastdays aren't what you'd imagined them to be, for me I find them easy which is just as well because I should be aiming for 3 times as much as you BUT I've set my goal at losing 7st because I feel as if I'll be very happy at that weight.
Good Luck to you and let us all know how you're getting on :clover: Sue
13 Aug 2013, 18:00
Ok, so yesterdays fast was a little tough. Tried only having a yoghurt fro breakfast then nothing until the evening. WOW I struggled mid afternoon! My work colleague even looked tasty by 4pm! But I got there and really enjoyed my meal and even a little biscuit after.

Today I haven't felt too hungry even though it is not a fast day, was first thing but not so much this afternoon and when it came to tonights meal, my favourite - hubbys homemade chilli con carne, I couldnt finish it! That is not like me at all! Even now I feel like one of those lions who lie around under trees after eating a wildebeast! I take it that means my stomach is shrinking?
13 Aug 2013, 18:04
Hi:

You will notice many changes to how (and how much) you eat as you do 5:2 for a longer time. Enjoy!

In the mean time, here is what you can expect: 5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6491.html
13 Aug 2013, 18:15
Just read your post simcoeluv, very amusing and very true!
13 Aug 2013, 18:35
I cannot eat no where near what I could before on 5/2. Didn't talk long for this effect to take place either. I was eating for the whole of my town, and now, I just eat for myself, normal or a tad smaller portions :cool:

Eyes still say, gimme more, but head says no, you don't need it :lol: Head is right, after eating a smaller plate (normal to most people!), I am just right.

I hate the feeling of being over stuffed which was every night prior to 5/2!
6 posts Page 1 of 1