The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Let the new leaf be turned..
05 Mar 2014, 21:56
Ok have decided to keep a blog going instead of blocking up all the other threads on here though very interesting they all are I must say!

So today is fasting day number one, they say if you record how you're doing there's a better chance of sticking to it too so here goes. I am also using myfitnesspal to record everything I eat.

Today was banana and a clemantine for a late-breakfast/brunch. Bananas always keep me going and clemantines take my sweet-tooth away temporarily. I also have started drinking a cup of hot boiling water with lemon in the morning as its helping me cut down my squash intake (apple + blackcurrant to be precise, robinsons) + helps with your digestion process aparently.

Dinner was 6 home-made mini pancakes (29 calories a ago!) with smoked salmon, low fat creme chese, and sugar + lemon.
Not the balanced start but not bad considering its pancake day & Im on holiday from work.

Over n out for today. Really enjoying this site so far!
My only issue is when to plan the next fast day! Will be travelling tomorrow + having goodbye dinner with the rents (already bought toffee cheesecake!) so may well leave it until friday. But is that far away enough? I dont know ! Maybe I will try the on off way. But tomorrow is definately not fasting day haha give me strength..
Day 2: To fast or not to fast?
06 Mar 2014, 10:53
So today was not supposed to be another fast day, but I have had a 150 calorie bowl of porridge & glass of juice + realisticly not even thinking about food yet which is really nice. I felt great this morning (looked forward to my breakfast!)

Was debating whether to make today a fast day aswell as it just seems so natural to carry on from yesterday but as I am travelling I will keep it to a normal day.

I think the key will be always making sure I have some kind of healthy meal planed, although thats usually the case anyway its just the extras, which hopefully If I continue feeling like I do today will not be craved anyway!

Good luck anyone reading this and keep going :)
I agree @pintsizeprincess that planning is ALL important...you're less likely to get sidetracked that way. Welcome to the forum and I wish you success. :victory:
Welcome PSP and good luck! :clover:
Got to ask..where you travelling and who is the goodbye dinner with..are the rents the relations?
Sorry but we are a nosy lot on here :grin: :lol:
Hello CandiceMarie..forgive my ignorance but I don't know what PSP means!
Have been travelling from from London down to Southampton so not a massive go but i am always seriously tempted by all the food on offer at train stations!
Rents are my parents yes indeed :)

Have been good today even though not on a fast day...thats going to be the tricky bit for me I think deciding when & then not putting it off another day! I have yet to try a fast day at work yet which could be interesting..
Be as nosy as you like :)
Oh me too PSP! ( Pint Sized Princess!)
I love being in train stations for the very same reason as you!
Thought i was the only one :razz:
Glad to have a companion,we must meet up at a station and run wild together!
Have you ever travelled first class? Ive only done it twice but they ply you with wine and food...its fab! XX
Hello PSP. Ooh that's a great abbreviation CM . Planning is the key. It may seem a bit anal but we meal plan for the week before we do our shopping. It ensures that I get my fast day meals sorted and the family has their crisps, chocolate, cakes......bread.......bla bla bla. Get some oxo cubes (fast day warmer uppers) they are great.
Good luck and I look forward to keeping up to date with your progress.
To be continued..

So yesterday I didn't get a chance to log this but I decided in the end it would be best to have a normal eating day as was first day back at work and wasn't sure how the fasting is going to go. It is really nice to be able to eat what you like but now I have a subconcious thing in the back of my mind reminding me to still try to eat healthily.

Porridge & Banana for brekie, (standard) noodles & bag of veg for lunch and 2 lots of steamed fish & veg stir fry for dinner.

Still need to decide when to fit in next fast day..not many more days left to do it before the beginning of the next week!
So today is the day of the next fast day! Decided very much on a whim at work (shorter shift saturdays) as I have had a banana & tangerine nice n early n am confident that will see me through to dinner time where I have 2 pieces of (birds-eye I think?) cod in sauce at 111 calories each. With some greens I think this will do nicely for dinner with maybe even room for a healthy snack on the side. Have been debating whether to up the anti to 600 cals on fast days more for convenience really but the current 500 is working fine really & anything that helps to shift those extra pounds a bit faster I'm keen for! I thought sitting around all day thinking about being hungry at work would be difficult but I think its actually easier provided I'm not surrounded by yummy food from mischefous colleagues! The nearest food shop is a little while away too so have to make a concious effort to get out n get it if I want something.

I have a big pack of macaroni cheese just sat waiting to be devoured in the fridge but I figure Sunday is definately more a macaraoni cheese day & I am also expecting company so no excuses not to share (I know it wouldn't last more than a day otherwise!) In this sense I am really loving the fact that I can have it tomorrow!! I will try to get the gym in the afternoon. If anyone has any advice on 'gyming' on fasting days that would be much appreciated...am keen to try but just a bit worried I might collapse on the treadmill due to lack of energy? I hear that you often have MORE energy on fast days but just wondering how that impacts on your body as you're already working off very low calorie levels..

I wish there was a way I could see the previous replies on here as it makes it difficult to reply to indivual posts but to the lady travelling in 1st class..I like your style! Unfortunately no have never travelled 1st class on either train or plane but I live in hope...though I always make the most of the unlimited alcohol when it is available in 2nd ;)

In terms of food planning..I always have gazumbles of fresh veg & fruit at the ready these days its just a case of what is around to go with it!

Aah don't remind me..free plane food! :p
Day...I stopped counting??

Sorry folks..fell off the wagon big time. Will keep you posted.
Always do this..get really enthusiastic and it doesnt last! But im pretty sure the reason for this falling through is because I just got really hungry n didnt have a healthy dinner planned on my next fast day, that + because I hadnt committed to a specific day I didnt decide in the end and kept knocking it on. Will make sure to learn from this.
My advice is choose your two days and stick to them. If you fail don't try the next day as you will be low cal for too many days. That way it'll be too much like a cal controlled diet.

Well done for re-setting, good luck.
Thanks Caroline I will definately do that, I was nervous about posting again on here but feel better now :) That is afterall what the log is for...
Takes a while PSP to get into it..but you can do it with some planning and organisation and by keeping calling in here for lots advice and support
Just try to get yr basics in place first..even just one fast day a week is a start and you can build up a schedule that is tailor made for you x
Well done on admitting your mistake and fall off @pintsizeprincess Jump back on board put the episode behind you and more importantly learn from this
we're only human and this WOL is very forgiving especially to those who "turn over the new leaf" and return full of
new zest. :heart: Sue
14 posts Page 1 of 1