The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
LisaSmuts progress journal
05 Dec 2013, 12:46
OK - so I'm starting this today, although I started the diet on Monday.

Stats today for info:

Diet start date: Monday 2 December 2013
Height: 5'5''
Weight: 139.5lbs
Waist: 30"
Want to lose: 14lbs
Dieting history: on and off diets for the last 12 months. Cannot seem to lose at all. Trying to be really strict this time and cut down on alcohol. Seems to be helping as lost 2lbs over the last month by eating 1400 calories a day and cutting out booze. Decided to switch to 5:2 to get through the food heavy festive season.
Issues: I like wine. a lot. I can't exercise at the moment due to back issues - just walking allowed. Christmas

So. I'm on day 4, just completed fast day 2 yesterday. no loss yet but I'm going to stick with it. Am not planning on always eating right up to TDEE on my feast days either as my TDEE is low at the moment due to being sedentary due to a back problem. Sigh.
Re: LisaSmuts progress journal
05 Dec 2013, 13:53
Welcome Lisa and good luck with your fast days. I recommend that you do eat your TDEE on fast days as the idea behind fasting is that you need to drop your fast days to a quarter of your daily intake. But don't overeat - wine can do that to you. Good luck :clover: :clover: :clover:
05 Dec 2013, 14:08
Hello Lisa!
I am the same height as you but I started at 160lbs in April this year!
I am now 134lbs so this WOL can work for you but it is a slow loss especially as your BMI is in the normal range.
My target is pretty similar to yours at 128lbs but I may reassess as already feeling fairly thin.
Good luck with the plan, wine is a killer for most of us but this helps have two alcohol free days a week and I find I drink less generally now xxx
09 Dec 2013, 12:50
Thanks guys. I know I need to average around 1400 a day with no alcohol for a 1/2 lb a week weight loss. My TDEE is super low at 1600 as I cannot exercise. Anyway - I lost 1lb last week. It's amazing.

I expect some days I'll go over TDEE and some under. As long as it all works out over the week I think I'll be fine.
11 Dec 2013, 13:14
Well done Lisa!! :-)
6 posts Page 1 of 1