The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Mumsa c first week done..
12 Oct 2013, 17:34
Hi all, this time last week I was searching for motorhomes when I came across this site. Did you know that loads of motorhomers have used 5/2 and lost weight? Apparently how much stuff you put into your motorhome is crucial to its pay load, so folks are either going away without their picnic chairs or have lost a couple of stone using 5/2. Who knew?! Anyway I joined here and made a very public declaration of my weight and intention to tackle it. I also joined the motorhome forum but with mixed results, I titled my thread 'swinging newbies' cos we were swaying from one type of van to another, (note to self, think before you thread).

So first fast day last Monday, was actually really good, I didn't eat til the evening, had some homemade veggie soup and all was well with the world. Mmmn, this ease could have been because I was still full of cake from Sunday, surely it shouldn't be this easy?!

I 16/8 it tue and weds, felt ok, didn't go wild. Second fast Thursday, again survived on herbal tea til evening meal, all good, although my husband regreted offering me a magnum icecream, choice words were snapped his way!

So weigh in today, I'm 4 whole pounds down.. (Trumpets please!) I'm sure it won't always be like this but from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU ALL, having this forum has been a massive support.

I'm off to Spain for 5 days next week for a friends birthday, I hope to fast the day before and after and try and 16/8 whilst away, of course it could all go horribly wrong and I will end up in the gutter at 3am after way too much barcardi, face down in a badly stuffed kebab!!

Watch this space....
Re: Mumsa c first week done..
12 Oct 2013, 17:39
Glad it's working out for you and yes, the OH's are notorious for making offerings on fast days that are outragious (at least to those that are fasting, lol). ;)

:announce: :announce: :announce: No trumpets, how about a few megaphones? lol
12 Oct 2013, 18:00
Four pounds on yr first week is brilliant Mumma ..well done you! X
12 Oct 2013, 19:09
Hi Mumma :heart:
Trumpets indeed well that's a brilliant start :victory:

Motivation to carry your forward into the next weeks fasting
Well done and. Good. Luck. :clover: Sue. :clover:
12 Oct 2013, 19:15
Great first week. Enjoy your trip and once you've picked yourself out of the gutter we'll be here for you when you're back.
12 Oct 2013, 19:24
ooh Mumma,
Can I come too....speak pretty fluent Spanish, love parties, will pick you up out of the gutter and take offending kebab out of your mouth... :lol:
12 Oct 2013, 19:49
:like: :victory: Well done Mamma C, what a great start to this WOE. As far as I Know, yes it really is this easy.
I think you should move this post to the progress & inspiration part of the forum. Then you can post every week or so on the same thread. I'm sure everyone would love reading about your progress all in one place. I know I would, your post always make me laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have a nice holiday :smile:
Dee
12 Oct 2013, 21:31
Si all welcome! Thanks guys, I've no ideal how to move this but if someone can, feel free. I'm happy anywhere!
I'd like to say my hidden talent is IT but I'd be lying!
12 Oct 2013, 21:52
There you go @Mumma c, all moved :)
12 Oct 2013, 21:58
Muchos grass e ass.
13 Oct 2013, 07:43
Well done you and can't wait to hear about your Spanish adventures! have a great holiday, :smile:

Ballerina x :heart:
11 posts Page 1 of 1