The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

28 posts Page 2 of 2
Way of eating! and WOL , WAY OF LIFE! WAY TO GO!
WOE is way of eating
WOL way of living
have a look at the forumwiki for acronyms :)
Tea has caffeine in it so don't cut back the amount you have or you'll go into withdrawal and that is sore and not nice.
I have my coffee in the morning as usual when fasting, loads of water, some peppermint tea and another coffee in the afternoon if I'm getting drowsy and feeling a bit bleurgh. On ordinary eating days I have morning coffee and occasionally an afternoon, fast days it's usually and afternoon one too. Perks me up
and I've been doing this for over a year
Keep at it, don't stress- it really is a simple WOE
ps if you have a headache and coffee/tea/oxo/bullion doesn't help, take some painkillers! DOn't suffer. I got a headache yesterday and suffered, realised I wasn't doing myself any favours and took paracetamol. Should have done it mid afternoon instead of teatime (need to slap myself with a wet fish...)
:shock: :grin:
Hey everyone! Thanks for the extra tips.
So I did feel rather awful when I went to sleep last night, headache etc, and was a bit worried it'd still be there when I woke up today (had a performance this morning!). But thankfully, I woke up fine! I felt quite cleansed and my tummy quite flat! :) I had breakfast and lunch as normal. So hopefully next time will be easier on my head. Do you think the headache maybe had nothing to do with the fast?
I find it so strange though: I've never been able to motivate myself to not eat chocolate, or eat small portions etc... but somehow I managed to get myself to do a whole day on <500 cals!!? I'm quite proud of myself for that but don't really understand myself! Does anyone else find that?! xx
hi Tinamacarina

well done on your first fast, the first times I fasted I kind of felt the way you did, it seemed surreal, I mean 500 calories!!! but once you do a few it becomes second nature and its easier too... I guess determination and will power play a part too :-)
I fasted yesterday, at home, and even though I had a few wobbles I stayed strong and away from the kitchen lol... tomorrow always comes soon enough!!

here's to many more happy fast days!! :-)
Thanks a lot Angie! I look forward to it becoming second nature :D hehe.
Also, do you still indulge in treats on non fast days, or is that counterproductive? I've just had some pick and mix and feel v naughty!! Small dinner it is!! xx
Hi Tina, loving your avatar pic, you look gorgeous! Well done on surviving your first fast day, it will get easier!
hi Tinamacarina!

yes I do still "indulge"if that's the correct description am not sure lol, but I still have my chocolate when I feel like it... if I was to deprive myself completely then it wouldn't work for me, it would become too restrictive and unsunstainable! but having said that I make sure I walk a lot, everyday, so I burn off or try to, all those extra cals :-)
One of the good things about this WOE is that you can indulge if you want to. It's the modified fast days that work the 'magic'. :heart:
Aww thank you Callyanna!!! :) Hope you're doing well!
Thanks Angie and Auriga, that's wonderful news! I'm just off to meet a friend, going to walk the 30 mins even though I've walked 1 hour today (because I had some sweets at lunch lol!!) so thanks for the tips. Are you all doing well?xx
Hiya Tina, glad you got into the groove.
Bouillon is a savoury instant stock. I use it as a veg stock sometimes, but mainly as a fast day midday treat. Just like oxo it replenishes the salt concentration and tricks your body into thinking it's having some soup.
And yes I indulge on non fast days, but my appetite has shrunk over time whilst doing 5.2 and the snacking has greatly reduced too. That's what 5.2 is all about having the things you like on non fast days and not feeling guilty for having them. 5.2 is the best. :oops:
WOE = Way of Eating

You are doing great. Sorry about the headache. Lots of people get headaches when they first start. I echo the others in saying have caffeine and drink lots of water. This could also be down to electrolyte loss, so a salty drink would probably help (miso soup, bullion cube, or electrolyte replacement). You can also dissolve a pinch of sea salt into a small cup of water and drink that. I have heard that pink Himalayan salts are good because of their minerals.
Thanks all. @carieoates, this Bouillon: are you talking about the brand? I've looked it up on sainsburys and it seems to be a powder in a tub? Either Marigold swiss veg, or Marigold reduced salt.. Is this the stuff you guys use? Preferable to veg Oxo cube?
Thanks @Melinda_in_NC , glad it's not just me. I'll keep on the tea then! And you also suggest the cube bullion, wheres that from? and do you buy the miso soup ready made somewhere? Sorry for all the questions! xx
Hi,

My favourite Bouillon type drink is Chicken Bovril, available in Sainsburys and Tesco. Hope that helps
28 posts Page 2 of 2