The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Progress Tracker
21 Nov 2013, 09:37
I was just wondering if anyone else likes to just look at their graph on the Progress Tracker to make themselves feel good?!

If I am hungry on a fast day or I feel disappointed if I have not lost anything that week I just open my little chart and smile. :smile:

It is so hard to believe I have been doing this for nearly 7 months and it is still working and I am still enjoying it! I have never had such a success before and I am actually relieved to have found a WOL that has turned around all my negative associations with food.

Anyway I like to look at my graph 2 or 3 times a week and try to remember being 12kg heavier. It is my favourite way to motivate myself!

Thats all people!! xxx
Re: Progress Tracker
21 Nov 2013, 09:38
Nearly every day!
21 Nov 2013, 10:22
When I look at mine I'm shocked by the figures and just how big I let myself get. It's a bit frustrating with such slow losses now (I need to get my act together again!) but when I look at my chart and remember how much bigger I was, I can't really feel disappointed :)
21 Nov 2013, 10:57
Moogie wrote: When I look at mine I'm shocked by the figures and just how big I let myself get. It's a bit frustrating with such slow losses now (I need to get my act together again!) but when I look at my chart and remember how much bigger I was, I can't really feel disappointed :)

I think most people are in denial about their size. I remember looking at the scales as my heaviest and not really believing them!! When I see pictures from last Feb/Mar/Apr I cringe!!

And remember a slow loss is better than any gain! xxx
21 Nov 2013, 11:02
It may be surprising but I never look at it. The numbers are not important, just the fact that I feel great, look good and am healthier than I was for years

The fact that I don't go on the scale often (the next time will be around Christmas) surely is a big factor in that way of thinking
21 Nov 2013, 11:29
Sometime we just need something to make us see the bigger picture. Especially when weight loss slows. My loss is painfully slow now but I have some photos in an album that will never see the light of day and which includes the one that originally scared me into action. (One where I look like my Gran who died before she hit 50!) I look at my blood glucose readings that have dropped steadily from diabetic to pre-dibetic and back to normal. I got some new foundation at the weekend and realised when I tried it yesterday that it would never have looked as good on my skin before I took my eating habits in hand as it does now. I would have needed someting more on the lines of emulsion paint rather than one that lets the healthyvglow shine through!

Its all small stuff but it keeps me from gazing at the scale and focussing on how slowly the move (if at all!). Of course theres always my famous two and a half bags of cat litter! At least I'm not lugging that round now! We all need our tools for those times when we wilt.
21 Nov 2013, 12:14
Yep. im lately obsessed by the Purple line

i keep thinking its in the forum somewhere but cant find it

On how many days is the current trend weight worked out.

e.g. my trend line is always showing a lot more than the 10 day "moving average" so maybe its based on a longer period than say 10 days.
21 Nov 2013, 12:29
I look at it every day - it's been a big motivator for me - I can actually SEE the decrease and it spurs me on to continue.
21 Nov 2013, 21:15
spanner wrote: I was just wondering if anyone else likes to just look at their graph on the Progress Tracker to make themselves feel good?!

Yes it's nice and inspiring to look at those graphs. You might consider to share it with us by making it 'available'. Could be inspiring for all of us as your numbers seem something to be proud off :wink: (no obligation of course)
21 Nov 2013, 23:26
Two or three times a WEEK?! @Spanner, I've looked at it two or three times a DAY on a fast day when I've needed a bit of motivation! It reminds me that while progress may be slow and sometimes erratic, over the months it's steady.
:heart: I love the Progress Tracker! :heart:
22 Nov 2013, 00:06
feeling motivated and pleased with myself .. is this not a good purple line
22 Nov 2013, 01:25
I love the progress tracker too! :heart:

It makes me so happy, and reassured.

Every now and then I need a little reassurance... I've a long road ahead!
22 Nov 2013, 12:05
At least once a day and as often as required on fast days.
22 Nov 2013, 14:52
P-JK wrote:
spanner wrote: I was just wondering if anyone else likes to just look at their graph on the Progress Tracker to make themselves feel good?!

Yes it's nice and inspiring to look at those graphs. You might consider to share it with us by making it 'available'. Could be inspiring for all of us as your numbers seem something to be proud off :wink: (no obligation of course)

I actually thought I was sharing!! Right have fixed and my purple line is visible to all!! :grin:
14 posts Page 1 of 1