The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

14 posts Page 1 of 1
The Doyle Diary
29 Jul 2013, 19:45
Hello,

I thought it would be best for me to start a diary to track my progress on the 5:2 way of life. I did start last year but circumstances meant that I gave up as my head wasn't in it.

My current stats
Weight : 14 stone 7lbs (goal 12-ish for now)
BMI : 34.66 (obese)
Weight/height ratio: 67%
Blood pressure : 118/77
Resting pulse rate : 64

Health issues - none at present that I know of - the nurse thinks I have prehypertension but I think I have white coat syndrome as my blood pressure is fine when I do a reading myself, usually around 125/89 when at the doctors!

Reasons for doing the 5:2 Weight loss obviously is a big factor, however, my dad has had a heart bypass and has type 2 diabetes, my mom passed with cancer many years ago and my grandmother has dementia. If I can stop or hold back any of these diseases by fasting a few days a week then I'm darn sure I'm going to have a go!

It was my first fast day today, 560 calories, forgot to count my feta in my salad so I went over a little bit. It was ok, I didn't feel hungry at all, although the cold hit me about 3pm!

The only annoying thing - we had free cake, pop and crisps at work and I couldn't touch any of them! :bugeyes: I managed to snaffle a few bits for tomorrow though to make up for it :grin:

I'm off to read some diaries and posts to keep myself on track. Next fast day Wednesday! :clap:
Re: The Doyle Diary
29 Jul 2013, 20:42
Good luck with your new WOE, second time around, Doyle! I hope it goes well for you.
31 Jul 2013, 19:25
:like: :lol: Well that's my fast days over for this week (just another 2 hours till bed!)

I managed to go over a little on my calories again today - 594 instead of 500 but I think that's ok for the first week. As long as I can get between 500-600 and still lose weight then I'm not going to beat myself up, I'll review it again if and when I stop losing poundage.

Thanks for the support Stowgateresident.. I'm going to need all the support off these boards as the Hubby has decided not to carry on with fasting as it makes him feel bleurghhh :bugeyes: I'll make him eat food I don't like on the days I'm fasting though so I'm not tempted :grin:

Tomorrow is weigh day (even though I joined on a Sunday) and then we have our once a week treat meal :pig2: :grin: i'm hoping to have lost at least 1lb..
31 Jul 2013, 19:48
Hopefully your weight loss will be more consistent than mine! 5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6491.html
:clover:
31 Jul 2013, 19:59
Ummm hope you don't mind me asking but is "Doyle" your surname or are you a fan of Martin Shaw and /or the prefessionals (or other reason?)

:clover: BTW
31 Jul 2013, 20:03
"The only annoying thing - we had free cake, pop and crisps at work and I couldn't touch any of them!"

lol as you see the scales needle plummet you won't want to! :like:
31 Jul 2013, 20:21
My reasons for getting into 5:2 as well! BTW, why not make OH eat what you eat fast evenings - then you don't have to make extra and he is getting a collateral low-cal meal. I do this with my family (brother and son) figuring they are old enough to make any extra they feel they need. My brother says HE'S been losing weight since I'VE been on this WOE! :lol:
01 Aug 2013, 18:23
First weigh in after 4 days, wouldn't usually weigh in so quick but i'm out of sync - it will be normal now for me to weigh each Thursday!

Updated Stats :
Weight : 14 3.5 -3.5
BMI : 34.06 -0.60
Weight/height ratio: 52.98% -14.02 this seems wrong :?: need to look into it a bit
Blood pressure : 113/72
Resting pulse rate : 73 +9

Very pleased (and a little shocked) with weight loss, however, I realise it's the first few days and a lot of that is water weight.

Thanks for the good lucks everyone, I am actually enjoying this at the moment - possibly because it's my nice food day though :lol:

David F - I'm a bit young for the Professionals :grin: it's a character from another TV series called Angel.. early 90's I think?

Debbie - OH does usually eat what I have, but when I have my Slim noodles I don't really want to share them as they are expensive and I want as much of them to myself as I can :rotfl: I think he will probably have normal pasta/rice etc when I have the noodles!

Hope everyone's having a fabulous week xx
02 Aug 2013, 00:25
Doyle wrote: First weigh in after 4 days, wouldn't usually weigh in so quick but i'm out of sync - it will be normal now for me to weigh each Thursday!

Updated Stats :
Weight : 14 3.5 -3.5
BMI : 34.06 -0.60
Weight/height ratio: 52.98% -14.02 this seems wrong :?: need to look into it a bit
Blood pressure : 113/72
Resting pulse rate : 73 +9

Very pleased (and a little shocked) with weight loss, however, I realise it's the first few days and a lot of that is water weight.

Thanks for the good lucks everyone, I am actually enjoying this at the moment - possibly because it's my nice food day though :lol:

David F - I'm a bit young for the Professionals :grin: it's a character from another TV series called Angel.. early 90's I think?

Debbie - OH does usually eat what I have, but when I have my Slim noodles I don't really want to share them as they are expensive and I want as much of them to myself as I can :rotfl: I think he will probably have normal pasta/rice etc when I have the noodles!

Hope everyone's having a fabulous week xx

OMG I'm not talking about the Sweeney..... :bugeyes:
07 Aug 2013, 11:22
Hi Doyle, how have things gone this week? :-)
Also I LOVE Angel!!
09 Aug 2013, 16:07
Ohh had trouble with the site last night and couldn't get on to update my stats :frown: anyway here now and these were my stats from this week.

Updated Stats :
As at Week 2
Weight : 14 1.0 -6.0
BMI : 33.63 -1.03
Weight/height ratio: 52.98% -14.02
Blood pressure : 121/76
Resting pulse rate : 64

Quite pleased with that, we've been really good this week as OH wanted to get to his target weight and he needed to lose 2lbs, however, this week may be a different story :lol:

Didn't have much trouble on my fasting days this week, even spent one of them at home which is always a danger with access to lots of food in the kitchen and I've found a nice cup of tea keep me warmed up so I don't have the coldness issue as much!

Hi David - I've heard of the Professionals but I'd have been watching playschool at that point in my life and maybe Button Moon, after that I was more of a Dempsey and Makepeace kind of girl :lol:

Miss Lemon - thanks for dropping by. Buffy and Angel were the best, none of this Twilight stuff for me! Kristen Stewart looks like she needs a good wash... :grin:
09 Aug 2013, 22:45
Well done, Doyle. Excellent results, so you are off to a flying start! Looking forward to hearing more about your progress in the future. Good luck!
10 Aug 2013, 12:15
:victory: well done on losing another 2.5 lbs!!!
12 Aug 2013, 11:35
Thanks both, although I foresee a few lbs on this week :oops: the weekend was a bit of a binge-fest - pizzas, bbq, you get the jist.

Back on track today though, even though my work colleague has bought me a danish pastry! I've popped it in the drawer and that is where it shall stay whilst i eat my yummy (?) chicken salad!

Spaghetti bolognese for tea, using slim noodles so about 200 cals.. think i should actually manage under 500 cals today for the first time :like:
14 posts Page 1 of 1