The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

26 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Beagle's 5:2 Diary
19 Apr 2013, 08:03
So another week passes

Felt pants all week with chest infection & annoying other cold & viral symptoms but have managed a full week at work and definitely now feeling on the mend apart from niggling cough & need to take inhaler everywhere!

So another interesting week food/fast wise. Easy fast on Monday with HD chicken tangle pie for dinner & nothing else all day, then Tuesday was going well until got home & family decided they wanted a pub meal - HAPPY DAYS, 2 pints. soup, bread roll, steak chips & onion rings later & I was one happy & sleepy camper.

Fasted again on Weds (HD stir-fry dinner), then yesterday had lunch at meeting (2 x large fudge shortbread cookies and crisps included), then out last night for a curry & a pint.

So Mon/Wed fast, Tues/Thurs feast (literally this week)- I know some of the regulars here think you actually lose weight better when eating more between fasts, but I've never been convinced until today with a weigh-in of -3lb!! :like:

so that's 17lb gone in 7 weeks (2.4lb average) without any hassle, really love this WOL just fits so well into my lifestyle. Got another 6.5 weeks till holiday and would love to lose another 7 lb in that time but TBH if I stay at this weigh I'll not be upset :)

Good luck to everyone on 5:2, I'm loving it!
26 Apr 2013, 12:45
End of week 8

Last weekend was a 'big one' food & drink wise but the week's been pretty good. Despite a Wine Tasting at work on Wednesday (fast day) I only had ~ 100ml wine & a spring onion (not the loaded tables full of cheese), then a prawn omelette for dinner so managed to keep within Cal limits.

Rest of working week has been good & focused now I'm over the bugs, and this am weigh-in is another 2lb lost

Really seeing a difference around the belly now (could almost kid myself there a muscle under there somewhere) and rapidly decreasing waist means I'm back to trying on the smaller trousers in my 'collection'.

So another happy 5:2 week

Just 5 more till holiday, any chance of getting 9 lb more off before I go?
04 May 2013, 08:57
and the 9th week passes without incident

This regime really is so simple it feels like 'cheating'. shouldn't it be hard to lose weight?

I know it's slow but it really is steady and there's really no reason to rush weight loss so long as you get there in the end (and stay there). It's the staying bit that is the challenge.
Having lost 8.5 stone exactly 4 years ago it's a little disappointing not to have kept the weight off permanently. At least I only put on 4 stone not the whole lot but it's still a rather disappointing situation to find myself in. Can this WOE really provide the long-term solution? At the moment I believe it can (but then 4 years ago I was convinced that I wouldnt ever get over 14 stone again and that's my current TARGET weight.

Time will tell I guess, but at least 5:2 has the advantage of allowing a relatively normal lifestyle the vast majority of the time :)

So this week (followed yet another overindulgent weekend) had only one challenge which was a business networking lunch at Indian restaurant. Was a non-fast day so had a glass of red as well but being the day before weigh-in I suspect it may have resulted in a slightly higher reading than otherwise.

Still lost another 1lb so now only 8lb off target (5 wks to holiday so looking unlikely to get there beforehand).

Bank holiday weekend and with good weather forecast & a BBQ planned I guess it will have to be a Tuesday/Thursday fast this week. Gotta love the flexibility.

See you next week

S
10 May 2013, 06:50
seems quiet on this board now, I guess its because people have just one thread each.

So week 10 started with a bank holiday :) Friday I think I'd overdone the fasting in the previous couple of days as I had a larger lunch than usual then completely 'lost it' in the evening with a number of pints at the pub & a Chinese takeaway being only the start of an excessive evening. Saturday was better (but not much), Sunday better again but Monday BBQ was a again a complete blow-out. SO that's 4 consecutive days of 3,000+ Cals, hardly an auspicious start to the week, but mightily enjoyable!

Anyway that meant had to switch to Tue/Thurs fasts which I did easily enough & had a semi-fast on Wed as well (fast till dinner than ~ 1,200 Cal meal.

Weigh-in this morning (back to proper time) and ..... Lost 2lb!

WOW, what more can you say!

Happy days, back under 14.5 St for first time in 3.5 yrs and feeling great. 3 full weeks more & you never know I might just get to 14st target.

However, did last weekend do me any good? Mentally yes (most enjoyable), as far as the 'diet' is concerned probably not as I really can't allow myself to repeat those 4 days every week & expect to lose weight. Not planing on it though so lets see how this weekend goes.

Back soon
S
17 May 2013, 13:15
And week 11 comes to a quiet conclusion.

Good week with a slightly 'smaller blowout' last weekend than in recent weeks and solid fasts Mon/Wed with low cal Tues and Thurs - another -2lb

So keeping average at 2lb loss per week, still cant see how this can be so effective & so easy. getting comments about weight again and have even converted a couple of people to 5:2 (or at least they're doing the research in anticipation).

Can't say I'm changing any habits for the better (still looking forward to a trip to the pub tonight & a glass of wine or 3 later), but I guess in some ways that's what the WOE is about - NOT 'being good' more 'being normal' but under control.

2 more full weeks until Holiday, will be very close to "hoped-for" target

See you next week
17 May 2013, 18:47
Very impressive! Thank you for sharing your journey, it is just what I needed today (fast day). :)
29 May 2013, 13:15
OK, missed last week's update as Bank Holiday weekend.

Had a "different" sort of a week. Decent fast on Monday then out for a meal with client (4-course) on Tuesday evening.

Weds "fast" was spoilt (?) by my wife taking me out to try a couple of pubs we were thinking of booking for Sunday lunch (and I have to "try" the beer in each one)

Thursday was a lunch out (2 course) with wine!

So Friday I couldn't face a weigh-in and started the weekend early - not great but hey-ho

Pub Friday, Pub Saturday, large celebration Sunday Lunch (Sunday) BBQ on Monday and quite glad to fast again yesterday...

I'm sneaking a mini-fast today between main days then I will weigh on Friday as this may be the last chance I get before going away in 10 days time.

I hope I'm stayed the same over these 2 weeks as I don;t want too start a holiday at anything more than my lightest. Another big lunch this Sunday with other side of the family to celebrate our 25th Anniversary, then in London for 2 days with work as well next week so the challenges continue, but that's fine :)

I will log this week on Friday morning so will be back soon
S
31 May 2013, 07:21
Back again on Friday as promised

Week 13 following the second bank holiday in the month (see post above) had a good Tuesday fast, Weds mini-fast (nothing till evening then ~ 1,500 Cal and proper fast again yesterday to get back on track.

Friday am weigh-in and another -2lb (OK over 2 weeks but still absolutely delighted).

Am now 2lb over target, and 1lb less that I thought I'd get to at this stage and still one more week to go before holiday. Happy days all around.

I've stopped logging non-fats days at last on Myfitnesspal for the simple reason that I forgot :( However, looking back over the past 3 months I've been averaging ~ 2,900 Cal over Fri-Sun each week but with the simple change of 2 fast days per week & being (mostly) careful on the other 2 week days I've managed to lose nearly 2 stone.

No effort, no stress, simples

Anyone thinking of trying 5:2, just do it
11 Jul 2013, 12:43
Helloooo 5:2 World :)

yes, I'm back again after a 3 week holiday (all inclusive) and BOY was it worth the effort of losing weight before going.

Won't bore you with details but certainly didn't fast on holiday (if you can do an anti-fast then that's what I did about 5 days per week).

Great fun & put on exactly 1 stone, which TBH I wasn't unhappy with.

Last week couldn't fast - I did try, but the jet Lag just made me feel soo ill, I gave up & decided to have a 'fun food' and drink week instead.

However, fasted again on Monday, and yesterday (although Tuesday wasn't the best as celebrated a business purchase with a couple of glasses of wine); but not over the top.

I've walked again almost every day since returning, for at least an hour per day and am feeling good & positive again now I'm back on the 5:2 horse (so to speak).

Weigh in day was always a friday, so I'll stick to that & let you know how tomorrow goes next time I look in.

See you soon

S
11 Jul 2013, 14:11
Sounds like a good holiday and a good plan not to try and fast with jet lag! I'm sure that the regained weight will come off quite rapidly, mine did after my holiday in May, and it seems as if you have got back into 5:2 now. Onwards and downwards!
24 Jul 2013, 12:42
Thanks SR.

So 3 (and a bit) weeks post holiday and 2 (and a bit) weeks back into 5:2

two weigh-ins gone & I've lost 7lb of the weight I put on over the holiday, so just 7lb left to be back to where I was :)

Have to admit though I'm finding it harder to focus since I came back. I don't know if this is because of the hot weather, sunshine or simply because I don't have as clear a motivation/target as before. Its not so much the fast days that are difficult (although I do 'feel' hungry on them now which I never did before) its more a tendency to 'pig out' in between days. Its almost as if psychologically I see non-fast days as 'holidays'.

This is something I need work on, but its looking like a break in France at the start of September, so perhaps I can use this as another short-term target.

Anyway, Wednesday & mid point through fast 2 of week 3(PH) and sun's shining water is cool and all's OK.

Must try & keep level headed tomorrow before next weigh-in.

TTFN
26 posts Page 2 of 2