The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

24 posts Page 2 of 2
Well done @Romany05 You've done brilliantly well considering all the stresses you've had along your fasting journey, so glad you found time for yourself and hubby while relaxing together on holiday, and of course the added bonus of no weight regain. :like: :heart: :clover:
Glad your mum is on the mend, do keep forum motivated and let us all know how you're doing.
Good. Luck :clover:
Hi @romany05 what an inspiring update, it was well worth the wait :lol: You are doing so well and I see no reason for you to not get to your target, the smart money is on you :victory: good luck

Ballerina x :heart:
Thank you ladies for your support. It is very much appreciated.
I have just had my 2 consecutive feast days and it was such a treat to know that I still had the Sunday feast day to come saturday night!

I am aiming to reduce further my white carb intake, but I was not totally successful this week-end :shock:
But I am going easy on myself as it could have been a lot worse. On both days I had some focaccia bread and Sunday I had some tortilla chips too. I also had some fruit both days and as the strawberries were not as good as I hoped I also had some sugar :oops: (forgot to mention the wine but that does not count as it was the weekend :grin: )
For the rest I was quite good and as I made my first target of 84 Kilo last month to go on holiday and now I am in this for the long hall, I have decided to go a little easy on myself and will keep to Saturday and Sundays being Free Days. I will try very hard not to go overboard, but if I want something I will have it (more the case if I am eating out or cooking for friends)
Because of this I will try to be much more strict during the week. On week-days I will try very hard not to have any white carbs at all. I will try to not pick/graze and stick to 3/4 meals on Tue/Thur. I will also try to get much more exercise. Today I did not go to the gym as it was a fast day and had to many late nights!, but in the end I probably did much more as I have been washing, ironing and sorting things out all day!
2 fasts down this week and just Friday to go.....Also gym last Tuesday and I am off there again this afternoon! Weight has fluctuated by a kilo up and then after fast back down to 81kilo so I am happy with that as although I weigh myself every morning, the Saturday weigh in generally shows the results per week? not quite sure how that works but it does!!
the 2 fast days I tried to stick with protein only, but this week I had a small salad with my meat on Monday and yesterday I had beef burgers and although I added no breadcrumbs etc, I did add a small onion and as I had cravings after the meal i did have one of those flat peaches (Which was delicious) Luckily this does not seem to have scuppered my weight balance this week.
I still need to try to be a little more strict, but I am not going to punish myself as if I do that I get stressed and then weight loss freezes so I have to keep being kind to myself and keep the pressure off but be realistic and keep with it and more importantly keep active either with the gym or house work, which for the last 2 weeks have been completely on target.
It is amazing how much more energy and motivation I have now I am home and the stress levels have reduced so drastically -thank god for my husband and the holiday!- ( they are not gone, but the added distance means I can take care of myself) Also the fact that the weight is going in the right direction has lifted a huge black cloud off of me and I am out of that awful fog where you are going around an around with no solution.
Writing this down has shown a clarity that the next time I am home to look after my mother, I have to explain somehow that I need some time to myself or an escape and it needs to be every day otherwise I will just get sucked in again and I can't afford to let that happen as I end up being no good to anyone.
I love to garden and as my mother was so ill this year I was not able to find the time to even do that as there were so many other priorities but now I see that I have to be the biggest priority otherwise I cannot think clearly, succinctly or fast enough to be a real help and my energy levels hit rock bottom.
So I will have to either garden, join some gym on a temp basis or even get to see friends that still live near home. Writing this down has not only made me understand why I am so much better now, but hopefully it will work as a reminder nearer the time that I have to go back.
Yet again I did not feel like going to the gym, but knew it was important to make the time and yet again I am so pleased I went!
I really enjoyed it today and I managed to add another 2 mins to the cross trainer so up to 22 min plus 5 mins cool down but more importantly I was able to work harder and am up to 200 calories (I started at 125 calories burnt.) I also increased the machines to 8 today.
The more I seem to do, the better I feel and so the more I want to do :cool:
I am also so pleased with fasting as otherwise I would not have been able to lose so much weight and going to the gym at 92kilo would have been really hard work, especially as I was not in the best framed of mind.
Now as I lose weight, the easier it will get and as I get more toned (a long way from that just yet :bugeyes: ) the more motivated I will be.
I am doing fasting mainly to lose weight, but the heath benefits are a real motivation add to that going to the gym and I hope I will be slimmer, fitter, healthier and less prone to depression....It can only be a win/win :grin:
Well done Romany, you are finding the way fast day works for you! It's a great journey, so keep posting. and chatting Lizbean x
I joined the Springing into fall challenge and I am hoping that will keep me motivated, especially with the weekly weigh-ins! I am #63 and I chose to lose a realistic 8 lbs. I was losing a kilo a week and so I should have reached my first target easily but I know that as you get nearer your target the slower things get and so I wanted a target that I could realistically reach. And would you know it my weight loss has really slowed!

Not such a good week, but I did have 2 G&T's on a fast day and I have not been so strict with calorie counting so that can explain things! I also have had cravings for fruit and so my low carb has gone out the window. I don't normally crave fruit, but its very strong at the moment so i presume that my body needs some extra vitamins. Although I am making sure to eat the skins and the whole fruit so no fruit juice!

I did go to the gym, but only managed twice this week, although I have increased the exercise each time and today I got to 30mins cross trainer plus 5 mins cool down and working harder and faster each time I have got up to 275 calories burnt which is an improvement and I have also been increasing the machines so today I also did 13 separate machines! so although I would prefer to do 3 days I am please with the extra time I am spending at the gym. This week I would really like to do 3 times!

At a push I have lost 100 grams this week, but actually I am fluctuating all week up/down 2 kilos, so although I lost 100 gram yesterday at weigh-in, today I am back to 81 Kilo - I will just have to work harder and be smarter with my food choices - well thats the plan! My waist has stayed the same at 94 cm, but as its the first measuring week and I have only started with the gym a few times I did not expect any change this soon.

This week plan - Try to do 3 x gym and work harder, Be more active during the week and try to reduce the carbs!
From what I'm reading, this WOL is working its magic on you @romany05! It is lovely to witness your absolute enthusiasm and commitment to 5:2

I've been on it around 33 weeks...and you keep learning about yourself all the time. Some days you will crave certain foods/chocs....some days you will be a saint....some days the scales will be your friend....some days the scales are horrid! All that really matters in all this....is that the lilac trend line is going down on your tracker!

Also, what so many of us want....is to be slimmer, but not to miss out on enjoyable food/drink/social occasions from time to time. Life would be pretty miserable if you could never indulge! 5:2 gives us the tools to "have it all".....but there are no quick fixes...and the old tracker will go up as well as down! You only have to look at a number of trackers to see that this is true...but we fasters are made of tough stuff and are in it for the long haul, eh?

Congrats on embracing 5:2 so well & I have every faith that you will get to where you want to! Enjoy the ride too.....

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
We had 2 nieces and 1 nephew visiting back to back over the last 2 weeks. We are also the best aunt and uncle so there were goodies galore for them and us!
I weighed myself yesterday and I was up about 3.5 kilo, which would be due in the most part to excess fluid, too much salt and a small part of eating and drinking very nice things.Yesterday was my first fast following that and this morning I am back to just under 82 kilo.
I am going to try to eat sensibly today and then fast again on Friday and hope that will put me back to my lowest measurement 2 weeks ago.
I also did not go to the gym, but we did walk (to bars and restaurants and shopping so that still counts!)
Official weigh in is Saturday so I will see if this works.
Next week I will be back to 4:3 and also the gym!
24 posts Page 2 of 2