The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
off track
22 Mar 2013, 23:14
Ive only managed 1 fast day this week,Im off work for 2 weeks and at home,so finding it hard,last 2 days I just want to eat and eat,Im afraid im going to undo all the work ive done since last week, Ive lost 2.5lb since last week. :starving: :frown:
Re: off track
23 Mar 2013, 05:39
Hi anndav, it is much harder at home so don't worry if you slip a bit. You're not going to undo all the good work if you are just eating normally. In any case 2.5 lbs is a big loss so it seems you are doing fine.

Is it especially sugary things that you are wanting to eat? If so, then my suggestion is that next time when you get hungry on a feed day, eat as much as you like of low GI and/or low carb foods - see some suggestions in the green box here - http://www.the-gi-diet.org/glycemicindexchart/, to which you can add eggs, meat, fish. These foods should make you feel full without making you feel hungry again shortly afterwards. And don't touch the stuff in the red box!
23 Mar 2013, 11:43
thanks Dominic, actually I eat quite healthy but too much, yesterday was a bad day, my food was, oats soaked in yogurt with blueberries, leftover potato and leek mash with small tin reduced salt baked beans ( dont normally eat this )just felt really lazy, 2 weight watchers biscuits, packet of dried savoury rice and pkt of frozen king prawns, mixed tog,but left half of rice,cup of tea with 2 weight watchers biscuits ( trying to eat these so the are gone ) ( I know ) then in evening toast and choc philli, then 5 roses chocolates ( again dont normally eat these and this is when i wrote my post last night ) x
24 Mar 2013, 21:08
Hi Anna - are you able for the coming week to choose 2 fast days and stick to them. I have had some pig out days in the last 3 weeks but still lost loads of weight... At times I have gone up again too before I have dropped.... Give it another go
24 Mar 2013, 21:29
Hi Anna, sorry to hear this as we all go through phases of 'binging' but be proud of yourself that you are openly sharing this. We all are here to support each other as we are on the same journey. Are you stressed??? One of the things I found is when I am stressed I either binge or not eat at all. You have come this far so stick to it. I am doing my second week and its my Fast day tomorrow, so join in and let's do it. All the best x
24 Mar 2013, 22:02
Thank you for replies, Im happy to say I had my fast day today with only 395 calories and used it for one meal at dinnertime and choc options for bedtime, well chuffed, xxx
25 Mar 2013, 08:30
Well done anndav!! I don't work so I spend a lot of time around the house and it is really difficult some days. If all else fails I just go out, either for a walk or I'll pop and have a cuppa with someone. I also try to keep busy and find it really helps to give myself a 'to-do' list some days and work through it.
It sounds tho' as if you are back on track, keep up the good work!!
7 posts Page 1 of 1