The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
5lb lose in my first week
23 Mar 2013, 07:06
Hi Al,
Well I've been awake since 4am waiting ti jump on the scales to see what's happening and at 6.15am I couldn't wait no more. Well if I was a fainter you'd have to scoop me up off the floor - I lost 5lb!!! I know some of this will be water but I have tried every diet going and usually I have to half starve me self to death to get anywhere near these results. And although the fast days can be a little annoying all other diets are annoying every day but this is only annoying in fast days and my food tastes so much better on a feed day and I appreciate it and savour every mouthful - I am beginning to appreciate food for the beautiful thing it is and not just the thing that keeps me alive or makes me happy when I'm sad.
If this all rings a bell with anyone else I'd love to hear about it. Onwards and downwards and thank you so much for saving my life.
Take care everyone and have a good where ever you are and what ever your doing. :lol: :victory:
Re: 5lb lose in my first week
23 Mar 2013, 07:57
There's nothing faint about that start, Louinda, well done! :like:

For sure the losses will slow down from here but you seem to have the perfect attitude so you should do really well. Don't be downhearted later if one week or another you seem to 'plateau' or even go up a tad, just remember it's the long-term trend that's important.
23 Mar 2013, 08:56
Congratulations, Louinda. I agree with Dominic about the likely slow down but if you listen to your body, you will succeed!
23 Mar 2013, 09:22
Ha ha I was the same Louinda I could'nt wait to weigh, I have not weighed for nearly 2 weeks and I have lost another 4 pounds woop woop I love this WOE and I love this site , I know it will probably slow down soon, but in the mean time I am very pleased
23 Mar 2013, 09:37
Hi louinda, for me today was my 1st week on 5:2 and I was curious too to see the loss. Well I have lost 1.7kg that are almost 4lb I think and even if i am aware that it won't be like this always I am very very happy today. See you in a week time. J
5 posts Page 1 of 1