The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
5:2 weight loss progress report
26 Mar 2013, 19:54
I'm a 41 year old guy trying to lose a few lbs.

I'm 6'1" and started at 108kg.
I've done one week of 5:2 IF diet and down to 105kg so a loss of 3kg/6.6lbs in one week.
Realise quite a bit of that is likely to be water weight but it seems to be heading in the right direction.
I'm exercising regularly- 2-3 spin classes a week and 2-3 weights sessions, plus regular walking.
Goal weight is anywhere from 90-95kg and I'd be ok, although just to get under 100kg is my initial goal.
Well done antipod. Nearly half a stone is a really good start. Your exercise regime sounds very sensible. When I tried a spin class a couple of years ago I thought I was going to die! Maybe save that for when my BMI is a healthier number. Great start!
Catscratch wrote: Well done antipod. Nearly half a stone is a really good start. Your exercise regime sounds very sensible. When I tried a spin class a couple of years ago I thought I was going to die! Maybe save that for when my BMI is a healthier number. Great start!

Thanks Catscratch.
I love the spin classes- last summer I was doing 4-5 a week and dropped about 10kg some of which came back on over Xmas.
Oh well.

---------------------

Weight today is back up to 106kg- this is normal water weight fluctuation.
I do weigh myself daily- I know some people don't like to do it but I'm fine with weight fluctuating 2-3kg over the course of a week.
This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Today I'm on a non-fast day so looking forward to a nice variety of food and a glass of wine with dinner.
Breakfast was 2 slices of toast and about 70g of smoked salmon, 2 cups of coffee and a banana.

Weights this afternoon- focussing on heavy compound lifts- bench, deadlift, squats, CG pulldown etc.
Cardio tomorrow.
Have a great day people.
Cardio was good today- an hour of spin class flew by.
Not eating much today- not a fast, I'm just not hungry.
Had a sandwich just before the spin class- won't have anything until dinner I don't think.

Weight was 106kg even.
Fast day tomorrow- need to get my food in for it.
Smoked salmon & 2 eggs at 7am with a chicken stir fry around 7pm.
4 posts Page 1 of 1