The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying to be philosophical having read all the nerdy stuff about why we sometimes do not lose much or any weight from one week to the next but it is still disappointing. Earlier in the week I had lost one pound which seemed OK but somehow 1/2 lb seems sooo little!
OK whinge over & I suppose I am still going down but I had hoped that by the end of April I could lose 6 lbs. & creep into 13stone something instead of 14 stone something! :confused:
How would you have felt if you'd gained half a pound?

Statistically, it's too small a measurement anyway given the fluctuations. You're doing fab! Ignore this week, onward and downward!

I think you're like me, going from 14 something to 13 something took ages and seemed to elude me. Going from 13 lb 12 to 7 has seemed far faster! :-)
Thank you BBT053 & I am getting into smaller clothes but being able to lose weight a little faster would be nice.
It would be nice, wouldn't it?

I'm exactly 30 kgs heavier than the girl at my age the same height and age as me...

It's a watched pot thing. Mind you, if you'd told yourself a year ago, you'd lost 5 kgs, how would you have felt? Cool, isn't it?
You may well have only lost half a pound but you are still losing at slightly above the forum average, so please don't be disappointed. You have read all the posts on fluctuations in weight and that is why the recommendation is to only weigh once a week - just so you don't get disappointed in exactly this situation!

I know how important those 'stone' barriers are and how we can be so disappointed when we don't get over them, but you are doing really well and, provided you 'keep the faith' this week, you may well find a bigger loss at next week's weigh-in.

Good luck for the forthcoming week. Onwards and downwards!
I have lost absolutely diddly squat this week. Any loss is a good thing, you're doing fine :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1