The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
01 May 2013, 11:50
Hi all,
I cheated today! Normally I weigh in once a month. However, two weeks ago my weight was 70.4kg and I was really looking forward to see the 6x. So, with May starting today I gave it a try and my scale was really kind today. 69.5!

I did not weigh myself before I started IF beginning of January. My weight was about 80kg last time I stepped on the scale last summer and I definitely put on some kg around Christmas. So I might have lost about 10kg up until now!

My BMI is now down to 21.0 and I hope to loose 2 or 3 more kg with this WOE. However, I will have to start thinking about weight maintenance soon.

My approach is a not very strict version of 5:3. I fast about three days a week, in my case not eating anything after dinner at 6-8pm for about 22-24 hours. I start eating "normally" with a proper dinner to end my fast day. However, I always eat more than 500kcal on my fast days. Mostly I would estimate I eat 1000-1200kcal. I know, I lose weight slower this way but as you see, I works well for me. And eating normally each night allows me to have a normal social life . And, what makes me ever prouder is that I had a very tough time in the last month and it was the first time during my time that during such a time period I did not put on weight but lost it! And it was not difficult at all. I currently do not want thinking about stopping this WOE so lets see what will happen when I am down to my goal weight of 67kg.

The only thing I am still struggling with are sweets. I eat all sweets when they are around (on feast day) and cannot stop eating them. I hope to learn at one point in time to not overeat on sweets. Currently, I do not buy any sweets and it works for me. I allow myself treats from time to time but always outside of my house like one ice-cream or one piece of cake. But in the long run I would prefer to change my behavior rather than having to restrict myself in this way. I also want to be in control of my sweet cravings.
:wink:

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Abby
Re: 69.5
01 May 2013, 11:52
Well done Abby that's a great result.
01 May 2013, 11:59
Wow well done Abby, this is what I like about this WOE, you can adjust it to your needs and still achieve results, after all we are all different.
01 May 2013, 12:03
The sweet trap is one that I fall into all the time! It's my biggest challenge to overcome. I'm hoping 5:2 (or 4:3) will help with that.
Congrats on the loss of 10kg! That's totally amazing!
01 May 2013, 12:09
Congatulations Abby,
That's wonderful. You seem to have found the pefect balance of sustainability and steady weight loss.

I struggle myself with sweet things and know that I am still eating too much of them on feast days. But many others on this forum feel that their tastes are chaging for the better and I'm kinda hoping that kicks in for me.

I think my appetite overall has reduced but I could still do with eating less of the bad stuff!
But for the moment, that's why I love this 5:2 lifestyle. The weight is coming off, albeit slowly and I don't feel deprived or a slave to some horendous diet.
Slow and steady wins the race :smile:

Well done You!
01 May 2013, 12:29
Thats brilliant Abby! Sweets are my downfall too I'm afraid. :frown: I do feel that this WOE gives you more control though. Maybe its the psychological effect of knowing that they aren't forbidden that helps. I certainly have a much reduced capacity on the occasions when I do binge. :smile:
01 May 2013, 12:33
Abby, what a great and encouraging post :smile: Well done for getting so far with such a good attitude. Posts like yours are so inspiring :smile:
01 May 2013, 13:02
Abby, truly inspiring post, congratulations! I have been on 4/3 for 4.5 weeks now and this WoE is completely sustainable as far as I'm concerned. Good luck with the remaining 2 kgs.
01 May 2013, 20:21
Thanks all for the really really kind words!
9 posts Page 1 of 1