The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Non fast day headache
16 Jun 2013, 20:37
I have tried and failed the 5:2 diet twice but am still determined to give it another go! I usually find the fast days pass pretty painlessly but then find myself eating, often uncontrollably, the next day. Will this always be the case or does it get easier/better? The problem is that I have a greedy nature ( it got me in to this mess in the first place :lol: ) I am so angry with myself and would welcome any tips for controlling my appetite on feeding days :cool:
Re: Non fast day headache
17 Jun 2013, 03:52
Hi Claire. Many people find that as they continue their appetite does reduce.
You could try keeping a food diary, write everyting down just before you eat it and maybe that will make you think twice. Or count calories on a feed day for a while and see how much you are really consuming. Maybe its not as bad as you think. :grin:
17 Jun 2013, 04:00
Write down what you plan to eat for the week. Make sure you cover every detail. Make your meals beautiful and sit down and enjoy them. Don't eat on the run as it will seem like you didn't have nearly what you did.
17 Jun 2013, 07:46
Thanks for the advice will try sitting down in the dining room instead of eating in front of the tv!!!
17 Jun 2013, 07:57
One thing that helps me is to plan a few meals of vegetables and have all the ingredients in the house. Then I tell myself I can eat whatever I want, but only after eating a vegetable stir-fry. I don't feel deprived, I do get to eat fatty and starchy/sugary snacks, but my appetite and cravings are curbed naturally.

The wild cravings the day after 5:2 fasting disappeared after about two weeks for me, but I'm feeling them again now that I'm combining 5:2 with 16:8, and unfortunately I haven't been practicing what I preach, so thank you for bringing it up and reminding me.
5 posts Page 1 of 1