The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
SkyKitty's Travels in 5:2...
18 Jun 2013, 19:39
I've been both lurking and posting for a while now, and I started a blog but am going to try this just to blurble my own thoughts out without boring the knickers off of everyone I know.

I've been away for the long weekend back onto a fasting day today. I usually have 3 meals on fasting days and because I didn't have any food prepped, because I'd been away, I had planned to have a weight-watchers soup for lunch. Bad idea, the day was so beautiful and sunny I couldn't bear to have a hot soup. So I decided to skip lunch and just have a bigger dinner. Also a bad idea. I made it nearly to the end of my lunch break, before I bought a pack of Kallo corn cakes and scoffed 3. Much better idea!! Saw me through the afternoon, then I had a big pile of mushrooms, some cherry tomatoes, 4 slices of turkey bacon and a one-egg omelatte for dinner. Smaller than usual lunch, bigger than usual dinner. Might try that again.

Not fasting tomorrow. Work-out than some house work, hopefully lunch with a friend I haven't seen in ages and making a spiced thai carrot soup for my next fasting days (128 calories and really tasty). Will also make sure I fit in a treat or two to see me through two consecutive fasting days on Thursday and Friday.
Just noticed your sustainable Skykitty I suspect there is an error somewhere!
Definitely a mistake.

I originally entered my stats as 78 stone and 6 foot 10 inches tall.

(I think I was thinking in metric and thought I was putting in 78kg and 160cm)

My real bmi is just skirting around 24.5-25.
Skykitty wrote: Definitely a mistake.

I originally entered my stats as 78 stone and 6 foot 10 inches tall.

(I think I was thinking in metric and thought I was putting in 78kg and 160cm)

My real bmi is just skirting around 24.5-25.

Just send a pm to @Moogie and she'll fix your starting stats for you. :)
:victory: Thanks Betsysgr8

So today I have eaten a lot. Yay. I mean that seriously. I like eating, and I like losing weight. I follow this diet because of the days I can eat without worrying about it.
To be fair a lot of it was fruit, because I've just been away for 4 days and am about to do two consecutive fasting days and I didn't want any of it to go to waste.
A grapefruit
4 small, almost black bananas
An orange
An apple
A bowl of strawberries
A bowl of grapes
And that's on top of 3 meals, a curly wurly and a kit kat!!

And then fate intervened and stopped me buying junk.
I walked to college and back this evening (about 25-30ins each way) and have to pass a shop on the way back. I had decided not to buy any crisps, which are a huge weakness for me. However by the time I was half-way back I'd talked myself into it, and was just about resigned to giving into temptation when I discovered I didn't have my purse on me. No crisps. Feeling very pleased now.
11 stone today

Well today I have eaten everything in sight.
Chocolate, crisps, chinese, wine you name it I ate it.
I feel like a right heiffer, but I'm thinking maybe 3 fasting days, 3 normal days and one indulgence day might make a pretty good week
11 stone 2 pounds today

Fasting OK today despite my meal times being mucked around at work and having to cover for a colleague when she went off sick. Love my lovely work colleagues who are all incredibly supportive of this diet, always trying to make it easier for me, with what times my breaks are etc and not offering me food when I'm on a fasting day. Very lucky me.

Also loving the 5:2 recipe book right now. Had the puy lentil, feta and tomato salad for lunch and looking forward to the stand by veggie chilli for diner. Having been doing 5:2 since Jan and variety is key!!
10 stone 13 pounds today.

Back to my lowest point from before I took some time off from fasting due to visitors and then going away for a weekend.
Fasting today so having:
Bowl of strawberries and an alpen light cereal bar
Ham and cucumber sandwich )made with M&S extra lean ham and M&S bread which is 55 cals per slice.)
Omelette (with 2 eggs and about 160 grams asparagus, cooked with frylight.)

I just discovered this 55 calorie bread yesterday and am now in heaven over the thought of actually having BREAD on a FAST day. For this is very exciting....
8 posts Page 1 of 1