The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Chriso57's work in progress
02 Jul 2013, 20:10
Thought I would take Caroline's suggestion and monitor my health results and weight loss here.
Started a new WOE in May 2011 when I hit my heaviest and felt crappy.
My way of eating since then has been low sugar, full natural fats, natural foods mainly, no snacking apart from a few nuts, no low fat labelled foods, no diet drinks, still have alcohol usually weekends only now since starting 5:2. no breakfasts since about 2 months ago.Only fruit I have on a regular basis is berries.
From May 2011 until about October 2012 lost 4 stone.(56lbs). Then Plateaued.
January 21st 2013 started 5:2. weighing 15st 5lbs. Joined the Forum February and since January have lost another 15lbs doing 5:2 :smile:
Target is another 2 stone off, although I am happy where I am and feel good in myself.
bloods so far are as follows:
June 2012 (fasting)GP
Triglyceride Level 0.57
HDL Level 2.4
LDL Level 3.2
Total 5.9
Ratio 2.5
Glucose 4.3

April 2013 (Non fasting) Pharmacy - 4.20 p.m
Total Cholesterol 6.10
HDL 2.8
Ratio 2.9
Glucose 4.5
B/P 126/89
BMI 33

May 2013
BMI 32.8
Visceral fat rating 12

June 2013 Private Health screening (fasting)
HDL 2.18
LDL 3.76
TOTAL 6.19
RATIO 2.84
Glucose 5.03
B/P 133/74
weight 14st.4lbs
Recorded Height as 5'4" incorrect :frown: so BMI wrong
Actual height 5'5 1/4
entered Forum height as 5'6" so for the sake of continuity sticking with that for future entries.
Forgot waist measurements Feb 2013 40 inches
June 2013 37.5
No other measurements taken, but seem to be losing all over.

Thats all for now. Will probably wait 6 months before having bloods taken again.

Chris x
Re: Chriso57's work in progress
02 Jul 2013, 21:55
Wow Chris you've done so well congratulations you must feel fantastic, I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps :clover: Sue
02 Jul 2013, 22:24
Thanks Sue

Its slow going for me now, but I don't feel as if I am on a 'diet' anymore. If I want something that was forbidden in the past, I will have a smaller portion. I have my life back after years of struggling.
You are doing brilliantly what an amazing weight loss already. :like:

Chris x
03 Jul 2013, 02:03
Well done! Your progress is very inspirational!
06 Aug 2013, 17:47
Quick update, there's been a health marker change this month. Viseral fat down 1 point from 12 to 11. Don't know the reason though. Is it fasting, low sugar WOE or does it go down with weight loss, its certainly not through exercise !!
:smile:
15 Aug 2013, 14:19
I have been to see a Nutritionist this morning for a food allergy test. She wanted to know about my daily diet and general health, family history etc. I thought I was going to have to justify my woe and 5:2 as I usually do at these kind of medical type meetings. I had a pleasant and informative two way chat. Apparently there was nothing she could advise me on with my woe. The only thing she had concerns about was with me not eating until lunch time every day and not kick starting my metabolism, so she advised me to eat a few nuts around 10am. but she understood that I saw it as extra repair time and I just don't need breakfast. 5:2 got the thumbs up :grin: provided its done correctly and I came away with the assurance that my woe is not going to be harmful to me in any way.
So what food out of 60 markers is my body not liking. Top of the list was eggs which resulted in a strong positive reaction. I don't eat many and never had any effects from them that I noticed but there are quite a few foods with egg in them that I will watch out for. Medium positive reactions were cows milk, I do feel icky when I have had cow dairy products and Brazil nuts (my favorite nut).Weak positive reactions on Wheat, celery and Legumes. Every thing else was ok.
Since doing 5:2 I have been more aware of what I am eating and now knowing what food my body is not keen on :razz: will make me more in tune and working with it, instead of fighting against and abusing it like I have in the past.
06 Sep 2013, 15:47
I have done my monthly weigh in at the pharmacy. No loss this month, no change in waist measurement.
I am very surprised I haven't gained because I lost the plot a few times this month. A few fast days I haven't completed the full 30+ hour fasting. There has been too many occurences when I have ditched my normal woe, and for me to lose weight that can't happen.
So I have re-read some of my books, reminded myself of why I am doing 5:2 with help from my buddy who very kindly took the time to compose me a lengthy email :heart: and hopefully I am now back on track.
I will be tweaking a few things because by now I should have been in the 13 stone numbers.
23lbs to target, it shouldn't be this hard to do.

On a positive note some changes have happened, I made OH feel my shoulders the other night, I could feel my bones instead of fat, so excited because I couldn't feel hubbys shoulder bones, he said his is covered in muscle that's why :razz:. Also I keep looking at the tops of my feet and counting the veins, never seen them before. I did say that I'd lost the plot. :grin:
06 Sep 2013, 20:20
Hi Chriso57's Good idea to reread all the information on hand that's what usually works for me, a few weeks ago I thought I'd hit the plateau so I did my next weeks 3 fasts just as if they were my very first, you know the one's where your Very careful how many calories you consume, well it worked for me. I know we're more motivated when the scales have been '' our new best friend'' and now moogie has put in the new interim goal I'm trying to get mine before Christmas ( holiday in 4/5 weeks )
Don't get to disheartened :heart: focus on how well you've done so far, and the bony shoulders Lol :shock: and maybe your body is taking. ''the well earned rest '' Good Luck. :clover: Sue
04 Dec 2013, 19:46
Its been six months since my last Cholesterol check. Today I had a Wellness check at the Pharmacy. Still doing ok.

June 2013 Private Health screening (fasting)
HDL 2.18
LDL 3.76
TOTAL 6.19
RATIO 2.84
Glucose 5.03
B/P 133/74
weight 14st.4lbs
BLOOD PRESSURE 133/74
BMI 32

Today 4/12/13 - Pharmacy - non fasting
HDL 2.46
TOTAL 5.79
TC/HDL RATIO 2.4
GLUCOSE 3.6
BLOOD PRESSURE 134/84 PULSE 57
WEIGHT 14st 5lbs
BMI 32

As far as weight loss goes I feel this past six months is a waste. I have been up and down 4-5 lbs and not progressed. :frown: But I have maintained and not gained big time. As far as health goes it is a plus which is now my main goal to carry on with good blood results.
I think I may have screwed my metabolism up through over reading, over thinking and trying too many ways of IF since September. But I remember this happening to me last year at the same time, I plateaued and after Christmas started 5:2
So my plan is from now until after Christmas to chill out, carry on 16/8 but nothing else to plan or set fast days.
Then after Christmas back on straight 5:2.
I am reading The Thin Woman's Brain by Dalia Suriel and found it interesting, I will try and put some ideas from the book into practice to help me along. :smile:

Chris x
04 Dec 2013, 21:53
Wow Chris you really are an IF veteran!
You have come a long way on your jpurney..well done ! X
11 Apr 2014, 17:04
Its been four months since my last diary post :wave: I filled my tracker in today, the first time since January, I have decided to make this the last leg of my weight loss journey, looking back since 2011 I have gone in stages so this time its a push to the finish. I have put 7lbs on since Jan and exactly 1 stone (14lbs) on since my lowest recorded weight in Sept last year. This now means 33lbs left to lose. It will put me as overweight as far as BMI numbers go but I don't want to go too low, I am a uk size 16 now and coming from a 22/24 I am happy where I am, I am surprised my clothes still fit with putting this weight back on :dazed:
I have been missing breakfasts since Aug last year so doing 16/8, no full fast days just low cal days a couple of days in the week, lunch at work is 150g of full fat yogurt with a few berries about 150 cal so most of my food is in the evening.Weekends I have gone overboard I suppose. No exercise as such but a month ago I had a new sit/stand desk at work so I am standing about 5/6 hours out of the eight work hours now, I hope that will make a difference.
Had quite a bit of stressful happenings at home these past few months, though not as bad as some of the posts I have been reading :heart: love and hugs to you all who are having a rough time of it. I don't have much time for posting but I try and look in once a day, usually when I should be working :wink:

Take care all and happy fasting

Chris x
12 Apr 2014, 17:06
thanks @izzy yes footwear is a problem, definately no heels, I am still in boots yet, when it gets warmer I am thinking flip-flops, slippers without the fluffy bits. :grin:

Chris x
10 Jun 2014, 22:02
Its been six months since my last Wellness check at the Pharmacy. Still carrying on with low sugar natural fat, clean woe. My fasting has not been constant so I feel a bit of a fraud posting here, I am struggling with my weight loss at the moment, I want to lose another 2 stone but I have reached a mental block and can't get moving again. :curse:
None fasting result
Total Cholesterol 5.55
HDL 2.30
GLUCOSE 4.4
TC/HDL Ratio 2.4
Blood Pressure 144/99
BMI not stating, its gone up since last time, :cry: will say its obese class 1

Must try harder

Chris x
13 posts Page 1 of 1