The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

22 posts Page 1 of 2
M&S 35 day challenge
08 Jul 2013, 10:08
I probably shouldn't have done this, but...

In June I bought a pair of trousers in size 14. I liked them a lot, but I now have to wear a belt to keep them up, so I went back to try a smaller pair of the same style. (I've just sent most of my size 18 wardrobe to the charity shop, so I have some catching up to do!) I tried on the 12 and they fit perfectly, but the colour I want was no longer in stock. I tried on the right colour in 10 and they did up, but they were horribly tight around my rear and thighs. Definitely too small.

Reader, I bought them.

M&S accept returns up to 35 days later. So the size 10 trousers are resting in my wardrobe with their receipt. 5 weeks of 5:2, let's see what happens. I'll post back in early August and let you know!
Re: M&S 35 day challenge
08 Jul 2013, 10:15
Way to go Kentish lass you can do it go on you know you can :)
08 Jul 2013, 10:53
Good on you! :like: I am sure you will get into them before too long! I did a similar thing and now have two pairs of pants in the wardrobe waiting for the Southern Hemisphere spring...
08 Jul 2013, 10:57
I have no doubt AiriR you will be looking wonderful in your spring pants
08 Jul 2013, 11:07
The smart money is on you, go for it!

Ballerina x :heart:
08 Jul 2013, 11:31
That's a very good move! I'm sure you'll make it, and what motivation. I've done the same with a pair of trousers that wouldn't even do up at all, but they're proper Levi 501s from a charity shop and they WILL fit eventually!
08 Jul 2013, 12:12
Well done kentishlass you've done so well!!! :like: bet you make it :clover: I did similar on Friday bought top 2 sizes smaller than mine + fit lovely also got other one size less again ( that one is snug) that's 2for £5 charity shop, don't want to spend a lot as I'm dropping sizes :heart: Sue
08 Jul 2013, 12:38
Good luck!!
03 Aug 2013, 20:29
Thanks so much for the support - it made a difference! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one buying for the future me.

So here is the update - on 1 August, with a few days to go to deadline, I wore them and they fitted perfectly. Size 10 trousers, woohoo!!!
03 Aug 2013, 20:43
Kentishlass - that's wonderful - you must be so pleased! :like: :clover: :victory: :cool:

Now you've put the idea in my head ... :shock: :wink:
03 Aug 2013, 20:53
Well done kentishlass, that's amazing!! :victory:
03 Aug 2013, 20:58
Well, that's it, you've done it now! Sponsorships forms will now be flying round the country. Congratulations, I knew you could do it AND YOU HAVE!!!!!!! :like: :like: :like:

Ballerina x :heart:
03 Aug 2013, 21:52
Well done! What a great idea for an incentive to keep losing weight :smile:
03 Aug 2013, 23:53
Well done. Size 10, I can but dream.
04 Aug 2013, 14:21
Thank you all!
Julie, you're doing really well. There's no need to dream. Size 10 (or 12 or 14, whatever suits your height and build) is just the logical result that you are heading steadily towards. You can absolutely count on it - this WOE works for me when I've had plenty of failed diets in the past, and it clearly works for you. Well done to you too.
22 posts Page 1 of 2