The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Twinklin's Diary
04 Mar 2014, 11:31
Twinklin is the nickname my hubby uses, my real name is Tracy!

I started this way of eating in November after years and years of yo-yo dieting, using every diet known to man - usual story lose the weight, gain the weight plus a few more lbs.

So I approached this with the thought of may as well give it a go and faced with hubbies comment of 'what diet are you on this week', I can honestly say I was scetptical but went about my first fast day, as I had done the dreaded VLCD in the past the fast day was quite easy really so that was a bonus to start off with.

Ok fast forward a few months and I LOVE IT! It really works. I have settled into a Monday and Thursday fast, I keep within my 'fitbit' allowance on Tues, Wed and Friday then Saturday and Sunday I do what I like, I can go well over my TDEE on a Saturday or treatday as I like to call it (I literally have anything I desire) although as time goes on, you really do look at what you choose and I now very often don't want to eat them crisps or eat that cake, but of course if I do want then I do. Sunday I enjoy a roast dinner, I don't usually go over my TDEE naturally on a Sunday but I don't fret if I do.

I excercise regularly, run, gym, yoga and always get my 10k plus steps in on my fitbit lol, I wouldn't sleep if i didn't lol.

I have lost 15lbs to date which averages out at just under a 1 lb a week, some weeks more, some weeks nothing, some weeks gain but the overall is that I have lost, so happy days - I will never do anything else now, it is how i live - or as my teenage daughter would say it's how I roll.

Tracy
xx
Re: Twinklin's Diary
04 Mar 2014, 11:49
Just sneaking on to try and recruit another runner to parkrun
http://www.parkrun.org.uk/

Oh and a Fitbitter too! we have a 5:2 group if you'd like to join send one of us a PM with your email address and we will send you an invitation.

Well done and welcome
04 Mar 2014, 13:31
:heart: Hi @twinklin And Welcome I could have written the first part of your post and same as you found this WOL very easy compared to all the rubbish diets out there.
Love doing this and although I'm at the worlds longest plateau I'm thrilled with my 50lbs lost last year brilliant, just a small matter of the other 50lbs to go now. Lol
Good luck and pop into the forum more often. :heart: Sue
04 Mar 2014, 19:38
I will once i get my head around it lol, you have done brilliant x
4 posts Page 1 of 1