The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
What a surprise!
30 Dec 2013, 09:48
After bemoaning the fact just before Christmas that I'd stuck rigidly to the 5:2 plan and not lost any weight over two fasts, I was quite sure that over Christmas I could well see a big weight gain.

I jumped on the scales this morning with great trepidation, aware that I'd eaten and drunk all sorts of naughties over the festive period and I was stunned to see that my weight has remained stable! That for me is incredible, as normally I gain weight really easily. So while I still have not lost anything, (apart from a little around my waist) I've not got to retrace my steps. I only managed one 36h fast last week, but this week I can really get cracking again as the majority of the festivities are over - just New Year's Day to go. I can't wait to get back to work and the normal routines of life - it makes dieting so much easier! :wink:
Re: What a surprise!
30 Dec 2013, 09:57
Hi, yes it's lovely how things change on you get used to this way of life. Congratulations for not putting on weight and good luck in the New year,

Ballerina x :heart:
30 Dec 2013, 10:03
:heart: Well done @itsbellaboo we all told you to sit it out and the result was brilliant, just see what next year brings
30 Dec 2013, 10:42
Ooh @itsbellaboo (great name by the way!) what a relief! I'm still too scared to weigh :bugeyes:
30 Dec 2013, 10:46
@nursebean I'm too scared too. I know what I've been doing so the scales can stay put for now. itsabellaboo well done.
30 Dec 2013, 11:03
Well done! Its very encouraging isnt it ...you' ll be inspired to keep 5:2 ing now and see more great results in 2014... Its gonna be a great year for 5:2 ers! X
30 Dec 2013, 11:10
@Wineoclock you're right ..great advice to leave the scales til after a fast or two...and @nursebean take this advice! Hard enough to know the good times are over with the goodies come 1st of Jan,without making it even more depressing!
We' ll all be back into the swing of things in a week or so,so don't worry..
And hey what if we've all gained a little over the festive season..we lost a lot last year :wink:
And we'll lose even more NEXT year..bring it on 2014! X
30 Dec 2013, 11:35
Well done knew you could do it. Keep up the good work.
30 Dec 2013, 20:12
You see....! Isn't it fabulous? Well done :victory: :victory: :victory:
9 posts Page 1 of 1