The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

46 posts Page 2 of 4
Week 6, 14 fasts done now. I did a 4:3 week this week.

I've got back down to the lowest weight that I'd reached before it jumped up again a couple of pounds two weeks running. So I've made it through my first little 'blip' :)

8lbs lost on this WOE so far. 2 more pounds and I'll have lost 4 stone through my longer-term weight loss journey. So I'm almost at my next big goal!

Then 2 or 3 more stone to lose...but it's looking achievable.

I'm finding this such an easy way to eat, it's good, isn't it. Also, I've been a little more careful on normal eating days this week and haven't felt the urge to binge.

I really hope the steady loss continues.
Week 7 - 1 lb lost this week - so that's an 8lb total loss on 5:2 :) which is not bad at all!

It seems this way of eating really does do as it claims, a nice small steady loss. I need to be more patient.

1 lb to go till I reach my next big milestone of 4st total loss. I'm sooo close now!

And almost an inch lost all round (hips, waist and bra band/bust) again.

BMI of 29 now, so am officially overweight rather than obese! :victory:

So all good news this week.

Wow!
Great stuff Whitelily77!!

amazing progress so far, you should feel really proud, lovely posts and like you i find my body and mind just dont seem the same as before, its all good though!!

happy fasting!!!!!! :-)
Thanks very much angie :grin:
Well done and congrats on being 'overweight'! It is such a boost to have the obese label removed. :star: :)
I know! It feels great! :D
Week 8 update -

Well, I did 4:3 this week although yesterday I caved a tiny bit - and it ended up being more of a 'reduced calorie' day - I think I probably hit around 800-900 cals. Still, no matter.

I've maintained this week, but I don't really mind that as this is still my lowest weight so far. However, I've lost inches AGAIN - one off my hips (around belly button and also the widest part), and another inch off my bust/bra strap line. I'm going to have to start shopping for new underwear!! LOL

So after 2 months on this WOE, it seems the weightloss is fairly slow, but the inches are falling off me. That's interesting. I don't mind - I suppose at some point the scales will catch up with my shrinking body! :)With all my health issues, I'm glad to have seen a downward movement on the scales at all!

I'm due to start a new drug soon - Fludrocortisone, it will be interesting to see if that affects things much. I just read the side-effects on Wikipedia and thought, hey - they're all symptoms of the two illnesses I have anyway (CFS/ME and POTS/Dysautonomia). :lol:
Well, this week I've gained a pound and gained an inch on my waist. So I'm feeling a bit frustrated. I've done my fasts as normal and tracked on feast days. Bah!

I've started the 30-day shred exercise program, will be interesting to see if that makes a difference to the inches. Some people lose weight doing it, no idea if I'll be one of the lucky ones (probably not with the way my weight's been refusing to move steadily this year). But it should make a difference to my shape at least.
Up a pound again and up another inch on my waist. The only thing I've been doing differently is exercising daily with the 30 day shred programme.

Oh well, I'm off on holiday for a week, so I'll consider that a rest period (hopefully won't go overboard with food)and I'll reassess/start again when I return.
If you are building muscles, that may explain why you gained a little.

However keep up the good work, numbers are just that, numbers and the most important thing is how you feel.

And have a great week !
Hi Manderley, thanks for the encouragement - I had a nice week away.

I gained just 2lbs while on holiday and managed to lose those now I've been back for a week. I've not been able to lose any of the inches that I regained though.

I really hope that this week will see a loss - either on the scales or the tape measure!
Well Done Whitelily77 :heart:
That's what I call a brilliant holiday just 2lbs & now gone brilliant :heart:
Maybe that was the break your body needed and will now kickstart your weightloss . Good Luck :clover: Sue. :clover:
Here's hoping!!

Thanks, Sue.Q ! :)
Up another pound, and up another inch on my waist this week. Bah!
I'm thinking I may give 5:2 a break for a week or two as I'm struggling right now, to be honest. Up a half a pound after my fast day yesterday, which has never happened before. And as said, I've gained not lost inches for a few weeks.

I started new medication a week ago (Florinef/fludrocortisone) which can lead to weight gain. I don't know how quickly that could happen, but I'd already been struggling for a few weeks (after my initial big loss in the first couple of weeks). There are just so many variables going on right now...I think I need to go a bit easy on myself. I NEED to see a change in the scales as I'm still very overweight.

I should be back soon though...a week or maybe a fortnight of sensible eating should get my motivation up again :)

I'll still be hanging around here anyway as I'm doing the 30-day Shred challenge (yet another variable LOL)
46 posts Page 2 of 4