The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Why am I not losing lbs?
12 Jan 2014, 10:01
It's because I am losing kgs :victory:

This is the end of my first week of 5 2 or the beginning of my second week, not sure which one it is :wink:

Last Sunday I made the decision to start the 5 2 journey after I had eaten my dinner. The best way for me to start was to begin with a 36 hour reduced calorie intake.

I went for the seemingly preferred option of eating just an evening meal. I had no problems doing the first reduced calorie intake period. The second period went the same, no problems. I used a tip off the forum and had to warm drinks of oxo, one cube split into two drinks during the day

In the meantime I have been leading my normal life which includes on average 45 minutes of training 3 times a week. When I say normal life, I did cut out any alcohol during the week and I had a bottle of red wine split between Friday and Saturday night.

I had resisted the temptation to weigh myself during the week. So today I was up bright and breezy and jumped on the scales. Was I going to be happy or disappointed? The new weight numbers were very pleasing, down 4.9kgs (for those using the antiquated system :razz: that is almost 11lbs) has gone AWOL :cool:

I realise this weight loss is probably a lot of water, however, it's a reasonable beginning. Looking forward to a new reduced calorie intake period tomorrow :grin:
Re: Why am I not losing lbs?
12 Jan 2014, 10:06
'reasonable'?! :shock: that's a fantastic loss, but as you are aware some of it will be water and you can expect your future losses to be smaller. Great start though and must have given you a real boost to read those numbers on the scales! :like:
12 Jan 2014, 10:13
Wow, WOW. Well done to you. Fab start to the new year.
12 Jan 2014, 10:29
It's always so encouraging to see the numbers change so drastically right away, really motivates you to keep at it, even if much of it is water the psychological effect is great :) well done you, let us know how you get on!
12 Jan 2014, 10:38
Well done gb1! Onward and downward!
12 Jan 2014, 10:45
Wow! Well done you and well done for diving straight into evening meals and 36 hour fasting windows.
12 Jan 2014, 10:55
That's amazing - well done! It goes without saying but don't be disheartened if the scales are not quite so friendly this week after such a massive initial loss !
12 Jan 2014, 11:33
Measure , sir, measure as well. It makes a difference when lots of millimetres go too!
12 Jan 2014, 12:20
Many thanks to all for the nice comments. :cool:

A few comments in return

"Reasonable" was tongue in cheek :grin:

The 36 hour and one meal time was easy. As I knew when I planned to eat, so there was nothing to stress about. "That is when I am going to eat, get on with it"

Measuring is probably too late now. But I am more than happy using the "measurements" from seeing how my clothes fit differently and of course looking better when I stand in front of the mirror :grin:
24 Jan 2014, 11:37
Day 19 update

Well its been a strange period since my last update. I had an injury to my foot that ended up getting infected. So, I was on medication for this and the medicine made my body hold water. I felt quite inflated. However, that is all behind me now.

I was also unable to train the 3 times a week as I usually do because of the problem with my foot. So not too much calorie burning happening

The 4 last 36 hour fasts have gone really well, no hungers pains. I find this a bit freaky. I guess it is mindset. I know when I plan to eat the evening meal on the fast day and get on with it.

The last couple of weekends of I have been enjoying a few glasses of wine on Friday and Saturday nights.

Down to the business end......after all of this I am still losing weight. 7.0kgs (a small tomato under 15.5lbs) to date. This is another "reasonable" result for me. I am well happy

Looking forward. Next week I am away with several mates on a boys trip, so I see my weight going the opposite way during that period. I think the best plan for me is to not weigh myself until a least a couple of weeks after I come back from the trip. By then I should be back on the downward spiral again. What do others do when they go away on holiday?
24 Jan 2014, 11:57
Be a man and face the facts. Going up only means you have another few kg to lose afterwards
24 Jan 2014, 12:07
A lot of people change to 16:8. Start eating as late in the day as you can get away with. So a late lunch followed by dinner. Your 8 hour window starts when you first eat (I am assuming that you won't be having booze for breakfast, hopefully not) and slams shut 8 hours later. Nothing after the 8 hours. So, unless you are going on some really heavy late night benders, you should manage quite well on that regime. Also if it is a boozy night have a glass of water between each alcoholic drink.
24 Jan 2014, 19:47
P-JK wrote: Be a man and face the facts. Going up only means you have another few kg to lose afterwards

It's not a problem. Now have the method of doing it :smile:
24 Jan 2014, 19:53
Julieathome wrote: A lot of people change to 16:8. Start eating as late in the day as you can get away with. So a late lunch followed by dinner. Your 8 hour window starts when you first eat (I am assuming that you won't be having booze for breakfast, hopefully not) and slams shut 8 hours later. Nothing after the 8 hours. So, unless you are going on some really heavy late night benders, you should manage quite well on that regime. Also if it is a boozy night have a glass of water between each alcoholic drink.

Hi Julie

Thanks for the feedback. I will give the 16:8 a try. I feeling I will fail miserably :grin: However, whatever goes on, will come off quickly afterwards :smile:
14 posts Page 1 of 1