The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
yay me!
13 Mar 2014, 10:01
Today was my 3rd fasting day so far-in about 9 days but the very first time that I have truly stuck to less than 500 calories in 24 hours. I slept last night-then slept again today-till like 1300. When I was awake I was hungry. I did end up running for 20 min. its hard. Everything went perfect. I had 2 eggs with chopped veggies, then some black tea. Then nothing. Just the motherload of water! lots of water. What would I change? not much, mabe have some lemon for my water. Then when its finally time to eat, just start with a meal. I pigged my butt off with poptarts and candy, then finally ate soup. I should have started with the soup. Then mabe I wouldn't have ate quite as much junk. Also, not only should I plan meals, but also plan what to do when I finally woke up. In general, I just need to plan the next day better, so my laundry and stuff gets done. Instead of playing around on the tv/computer then finally doing it.
Re: yay me!
13 Mar 2014, 10:43
Congratulations Tanya, it sounds like you're really getting the hang of it. Yay you!
13 Mar 2014, 10:54
Welcome Tanya, 5:2 works once yo find your particular way. Loved your post though and it made me :lol: at the pop tarts. Just hold off a bit longer. I eg up at the crack of dawn so put off eating for as long as possible to stave off the hunger pangs.

Best of luck
13 Mar 2014, 11:43
That's funny. I find being at work easier on fast days than being at home surrounded by food. Also I done way as much food full stop anymore. So the odd treat doesn't eat into my cals. .
not feeling good
17 Mar 2014, 14:35
Oh my -I started my fast at 6pm yesterday-this morning I woke up feeling really shaky and thirsty. I am currently drinking a bottle of water and trying to think of something extra small to eat. I usually try to preserve eating until dinner. I think this happened because I eat way too much on feast days. Ok--its going down I feel better. So the next goal is too try to eat conservatively on my feast days. Well see. My self control is not great. But..hey who knows. I do plan on bringing a huge salad with me to work tonight. So when I finally can eat-I will eat a large salad instead of candy etc...I cannot wait-I will finally weigh myself too-its been about 1 week. Fingers crossed.
17 Mar 2014, 17:49
crossing fingers that the scales are kind.
17 Mar 2014, 18:55
Hi Tanya
We all find our own way round it thru trial and error! Adding in things,taking things out,til we find what suits us AND helps us shed weight ! X
7 posts Page 1 of 1