The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Norman Swan rocks

listen to the rundown he has on detox diets .. AND he mentions superfoods and antioxidant vitamins. dont think the diet/superfoods/vitamin industry wants anyone to listen to this.
He does praise the Mediterranean way of life. He also mentioned the Cretan diet which ive also come across recently

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/pro ... ts/6014194

The reality is that there is not a shred of evidence that a detox diet makes any difference to you whatsoever
Dr Norman Swan

quick mp3 link here http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/rn/podcast/ ... 2_0819.mp3
bump.. any thoughts?
Nice link, Juliana! I couldn't agree with it more.

I live in Okinawa, land of the famed Okinawa diet (unsurprisingly). Many people here put a lot of stock in super foods. It makes me cringe. I think the foods they promote are certainly healthy (in general vegetables are), but there's nothing so special about them. Goya (bitter goard/melon) has a lot of vitamin C. So do a zillion other vegetables.

Don't even get me started about "detox" diets.
btw Dr Norman Swan is partially responsible for the Dr William McBride exposure

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/norman-swan/2921040

A famous example of Dr Swan's work is his much publicised and controversial investigative program on scientific fraud and the well-known gynaecologist Dr William McBride. The program exposed fraudulent research, sending shock waves throughout the medical world and led to Dr William McBride being de-registered. It earned Dr Swan the 1988 Australian Writers' Guild Award for best documentary and a Gold Walkley.
I think many of us want simple and easy solutions to our food issues - maybe all issues for that matter. If we can eat a particular food/drink, or pop a particular pill, that will supposedly fix our problem, then that seems great.

But the reality is that almost any major change we want to make to our lives will take some effort. And often we would rather spend $$ than make the effort.

I am generalising and not saying anything new, I know.
5 posts Page 1 of 1