The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Although this will probably get lost in the time zone shuffle, here's a really interesting piece (and only a short read) for those of us who feel our metabolism is shot to pieces. :geek:

https://www.yahoo.com/health/3-steps-to-repair-your-metabolism-101429647772.html
Eating what most people like is a one way ticket to high blood sugar, hunger, and obesity. This really was just an opinion piece written by one of the "worried well," who gravitate to holistic health. Typically they have noithing wrong with them but obsess about "wellness".
The people I know who are contending with actual medical conditions like diabetes or MS seem a lot more grounded, and would dismiss this kind of airy flummery as not very useful.

Metabolism is far more complex than this simplistic division of sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. Indeed, that is such an oversimplification the author lost me right there. Many people lose a lot of weight when stressed, others gain. Neither has much to do with damaged metabolisms, which usually follow extreme dieting or excessive weight loss through surgery.

It saddens me how the media promote so many science-free articles like this because they sound so plausible, but never give space to any real science out of a belief readers are too dumb to follow it.
2 posts Page 1 of 1