The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

5 posts Page 1 of 1
5:2 on NPR today
29 Jul 2013, 13:27
National Public Radio here in the States had a story this morning about the 5:2 plan! It was quite favorable, but at 4+ minutes not really long enough. It cited a study in Manchester where 100 women ate a "Mediterranean" diet 5 days a weeks and restricted calories 2 days. This was latched onto by some commenters as proof that one still had to "diet" the other 5 days.

Dr. Mosley's book and documentary were also mentioned.

Here's the link to a synopsis http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/0 ... eight-loss

You can also listen to the broadcast. NPR usually posts a transcript within a few days of the broadcast.
Re: 5:2 on NPR today
29 Jul 2013, 14:17
Thanks Marybeth! Good to know they're giving it some attention, even if not quite perfect attention ;-)
29 Jul 2013, 14:19
That's great, thanks for sharing! I'm surprised, it seems like no one I know has ever heard of 5:2. I thought the USA would've caught on by now!
29 Jul 2013, 14:29
Given that most of the 5:2 coverage in the US on tv (GMA/ABC) has misrepresented the 5 days of eating normally as "eat whatever you want" and the general ignorance of what the word "diet" means (though one comment mentioned this)...I don't think it's all bad for some focus on the idea that you DO have to pay SOME attention to how you eat the other 5 days. ;)
29 Jul 2013, 16:50
I heard that this morning too! Shared the story on facebook, I'm trying to spread the word the best I can!
5 posts Page 1 of 1