The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

20 posts Page 2 of 2
MaryAnn wrote: I read something recently that makes a lot of sense: weight loss happens in the kitchen; health happens in the gym.
I finally remembered enough of the correct phrase to google this and attribute it properly. It is "lose weight in the kitchen; gain health in the gym" and it comes from Yoni Freedhoff over at weightymatters.ca.
Well said JR@Juliana.Rivers and Amen to that! So much good info on here,endless support,tons of tips,knowledgeable people...etc etc etc x
Did anyone else have a chance to watch the video.
I caught up with the documentary on Iview.

I thought it was good, and I do agree with Rosemary Stanton. (Well, I agreed with everyone except the guy from the Food Industry!!)

Although of course we need to take personal responsibility for what we put in our mouths and what exercise we do, our environment/society can either help or hinder us with these. This is a large and complex area, as well we know, too much for me to put my thoughts down here, and likely to get political, which we avoid on this forum! :)

It would be good to have a follow-up after a year; hopefully there will now be emphasis in Ararat on nutrition too, tho it wasn't clear if the Council has plans for that...
I never avoid being political! While it is true that individuals have a responsibility, we know that obesity is worse in low socio-economic areas - which is why my electorate is one of the most obese in Australia and one with the lowest literacy. It's not because the people of this electorate are dumb or greedy. It goes with poverty and poor educational opportunities. So therefore governments do have a responsibility to do something about obesity and it was good to see the Ararat Council taking this on.
20 posts Page 2 of 2