The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

4 posts Page 1 of 1
"The Truth about Exercise and Public Health"... A talk by Professor James Timmons (who put Dr MM through the 3 x 20 second Ex. Bike routine):

and the clip from the original BBC Horizon program :

apologies if these have been posted before....
Thanks for posting. This was just fascinating & anecdotally, if I see drops in my blood sugar and blood pressure after using a HIIT protocol, I may be a responder. Since I won't have access to the individual genetic testing, I'll give it 6 weeks and see how my personal measures are doing. Just after this week (only 2x), I've had to knock down my insulin by a few units. We'll see if it keeps up. Worth the hour + watch for me, thanks again.
Hi MLCDz,

"Just after this week (only 2x), I've had to knock down my insulin by a few units."

Awesome!

Also, it's been shown that just two weeks of HIIT (7 sessions) has significant positive changes...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17170203

"...In summary, seven sessions of HIIT over 2 wk induced marked increases in whole body and skeletal muscle capacity for fatty acid oxidation during exercise in moderately active women..."
I know - exciting! Since I've always used time as an excuse, there isn't anything I can say now :like: 5 more times (total 7) is less than two weeks, I would never have believed such a short time will make such a difference.
4 posts Page 1 of 1