The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Facebook must think i want to lose weight. :grin:
My "profile" must read. Slightly overweight, loves cooking and gardening

anyhow i get recommended articles all the time.

here is one http://consumerlivinghealthy.com/au/health/24/article/

Curious if anyone knows if this organic fruit by the weird name of Garnicia Cambogia has any merit.

The article also pushes a magic pill

http://cleansecatalystplus.com/au5/?AFID=200563&SID=24

Anyone annoyed by facebook suggestions like that?
Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo.

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.asp ... eid=188147
Hi Juliana,
I believed Dr Oz and ordered many bottles of Garcinia Cambogia late last year. They did nothing at all for me. They did not reduce hunger and I did not lose weight. Since 5.2 ing I have lost weight, my appetite is reduced considerably, I only eat what I really desire , and now I understand satiety and hunger and I'm not afraid of being hungry anymore. 5.2 has done more that what I dreamed Garcinia Cambogia could have ever done- and it's free!
I don't believe in superfoods. Edible plants in general are loaded with stuff that's good for us. Picking out a few as being extra special is just a marketing ploy.
In case anyone is interested, Garcinia is a famous genus in the plant world. Mangosteen fruit comes from a species of Garcinia, and the fukugi tree in Japan is another. In Okinawa this tree is planted around traditional tiled roof houses to protect them from typhoons. Also the yellow dye used in Okinawa textiles comes from this Garcinia species.

Yes, I did the plant section of our summer outreach program this summer...
Yanicka1 - I looked at the study you linked to, the headline comment was being slightly euphemistic regarding the effectiveness of the magic fruit - placebo outperformed it considerably!
But, the trial was conducted with a slimming diet for both fruit & placebo - maybe the magic fruit works best in an excess of calories? Unlikely, but you never know!
6 posts Page 1 of 1