The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

2 posts Page 1 of 1
"...intermittent fasting resulted in beneficial effects that met or exceeded those of caloric restriction…"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC156352/

Not wishing to duplicate any research on the forum, I ran this past Carorees, who replied:

"My only reservation with it is that, like so many studies, it is done in mice without acknowledging that ADF in mice is equivalent to much longer fasts in humans (perhaps one week on, one week off?), so we can't really say that the benefits would translate to humans. Or at least, the benefits in terms of autophagy - we can see that even daily fasting (e.g., during Ramadan) will give improved glucose metabolism but, of course, we will have to wait many years before we get any idea of the impact of fasting on cancer risk. Plus the effect of weight loss will tend to muddy the waters!"
..IF also has an important psychological benefit over daily calorie restriction..
At least we always have the option of eating a little treat or two on feed days if we wish..
I find this " can take it or leave it" option overcomes the deprived feeling of cal restriction diets very well and makes weight loss do- able x
2 posts Page 1 of 1