The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Pages 406 to 447 in her infamous book "How to Eat" Nigella shares her thoughts on being diet conscious and eating with low fat in mind. Good read and heaps of recipes too but skip the bit where she says she would never go "below 1250 calories in a day" though i guess she would never have contemplated the concept of some "fast" days back in 1998 when the book was written and we didnt know what in 15 or so years we would discover!

In the chapter, Nigella talks about the need to lose weight is for improving their "ligne" not their soul, about emotional eating, the mindset of shifting into a "my-body-is-a-temple" mode and not self denial or deprivation.

Her recipes focus more on low fat than low calorie but many are indeed low calorie. Ideas for "pudding" or "dessert are great"

Anyway if you have her book in the cupboard somewhere give it a read.
I do. I remember it was well-written. Will revisit it. Ta.
Thanks for sharing! Love Nigella.
I remember working out that her mushroom risotto from the Low Fat section was 7 points on Weight Watchers (I think the "old" system, or is it the "old old" system now?), and factoring it in. It was really tasty.
Oh I adore Nigella! I'll have to see if I can find that book then :-) Thanks for the recommendation
5 posts Page 1 of 1