The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

10 posts Page 1 of 1
rumblestop
18 Sep 2013, 10:47
This was mentioned in a recent post, so I googled it. Worth a try, I thought, till I saw the price :shock:

Have people tried it? Does it work? Is it £25 for a plastic placebo?
Re: rumblestop
18 Sep 2013, 10:57
Wow, is it £25?! I never looked the prices, just tweeted them for a free trial when they tweeted me!

I tried it on Monday and I must say I didn't get a single tummy rumble - and considering it was a fast day I was quite surprised. I'd normally get a bit of a belly growl late morning and late afternoon.

Yesterday I didn't really use it (hubby was home and he thinks I look odd with it in) and felt hungry most of the day, though we all get occasional hungry days.

Today I'm wearing it (not a fast day) and not feeling hungry, no tummy rumbles despite an early breakfast.

I should note that I've never really believed in alternative therapies (sorry, that's just me!) so didn't expect it to do anything - defo no placebo effect for me. So far I'm pleasantly surprised, but then it's only been a couple of days.
18 Sep 2013, 11:38
Have just ordered as I'm a sucker for new stuff and also acupressure has worked for me before as an alternative therapy. I will report back.
18 Sep 2013, 11:40
Warning: It will make you look like John Major.
23 Sep 2013, 15:15
Bump. My rumblestop arrived today. Now on a one week heavy roadtest as I'm on a 36 hr liquid fast today and I'm eating out alot this week. :frown: I will report in next Monday. Moogie, how are you getting on with yours?
23 Sep 2013, 16:12
It works when I remember to use it, but I don't really mind the feeling of hunger and I can't wear it when hubby's here as he thinks it makes me look 'wrong'. I wouldn't buy one as I don't feel I need it, but still glad to have tried it out and surprised to find that it seems to work.
23 Sep 2013, 16:55
Thanks Moogie. Be interesting to see if OH notices tonight :grin:
Re: rumblestop [update]
30 Sep 2013, 08:33
I wanted this not to work. Out of all of the crazy diet aids I have tried over the years, this is probably high on the list. Well I'm sorry to say but it did work. :like: See my blog for details. Today I'm wearing a pair of jeans I that have not been out of the wardrobe for about a year.... :victory: However there are two (fairly big) downsides.
*You can't really speak with it in. So just a bit inconvenient when I bumped into a mate in Waitrose on Saturday morning and I was trying to smile and talk without it moving around. Awkward. :oops: I wore mine whilst travelling or sitting at my desk.
*My gums are a little sore. Dont' underestimate this. I was fanatical about keeping it clean too. :dazed:
Has it put me off from wearing it today on a fast day - hell no! :cool:
30 Sep 2013, 16:04
Interesting @rawkaren. I read your blog post about it being a bit of accupressure and as I was reading my tummy was really rumbling, so I thought "if it's just accupressure on the gums then I can try it" so, I put a little pressure on my upper gums just above the tops of my teeth and within seconds the rumbles stopped! I held that postion for about 20-30 seconds and haven't had another rumble in well over 30 mins. :shock: Maybe placebo effect or not but I'll try this periodically whenever a rumble threatens and hopefully this will help me stick with the fast today. (I was really struggling but didn't want to give up on a Monday fast) :like: :grin:
30 Sep 2013, 16:32
You clever girl Betsy. Could have saved myself some money! Thanks for reading my blog BTW.
10 posts Page 1 of 1