The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

5 posts Page 1 of 1
From NPR: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/0 ... n=20130906

also from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition:
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early ... 0.abstract

and from the New England Journal of Medicine: Myths, Presumptions, and Facts about Obesity
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NE ... #t=article

:geek:
That was interesting, thank you for the links,

Ballerina x :heart:
I'm really looking forward to the results of some of David Allison's studies.
None of the studies ever seem to mention when is breakfast? Everybody breaks fast but does it really matter how soon after rising from sleep? I wake up between 4am and 5am everyday, I usually start to feel hungry for breakfast around 8am but sometimes it's closer to 10am before I eat what I call breakfast. If I have a large breakfast, I'll have a very light lunch or maybe just a piece of fruit then I'll have dinner around 6pm.

If I have left-over pizza for breakfast, did I just skip breakfast and have lunch? I think a study should be done with subjects having breakfast within an hour after waking and others having it a couple hours later and then some having it closer to lunch or early afternoon, only then will they be able to to understand if there is any correlation with breakfast and obesity.
I used to be able to eat breakfast within minutes of waking up. At that time I thought I needed it. But my husband can't even stomach food for at least 2 hours after waking, if he eats it feels like a lead balloon has dropped to the bottom of his stomach. I no longer eat breakfast, at all since starting 5:2, I was already on the way to being a non-breakfast eater anyway as I too was starting to feel as if breakfast as soon as rising was too heavy.

Going by your time scale Betsygsgr8 you are eating lunch not breakfast first. If I woke up at 8 and had my lunch at 12 or 1, which would be considered nearly normal, it would be 4 or 5 hours after waking. When I was in a job that started at a similar time to yours, everyone had a break at 10am and usually ate most of their calories then, rather than the official lunch time of 1pm, which left only 2 hours till end of shift anyway.
5 posts Page 1 of 1