The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

9 posts Page 1 of 1
i knew it i knew it

article today .. about IF]
It might be regarded as the most important meal of the day, but skipping breakfast is the best way to tackle Australia's epidemic of obesity and fatty liver disease, new research suggests

re fasting..

"Despite the small numbers of participants in this novel study, there was a significant health benefit from intermittent fasting. When the standard care group was changed to intermittent fasting for an additional 12 weeks, they continued to show improvements."

Those who fasted also recorded improvements in visceral fat, insulin resistance, blood pressure and other measures of liver damage.

comments are interesting at bottom of article

click here for link...

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/s ... z3GpxGj87R
Thanks for the article, @Juliana.Rivers, it's exciting to read this article. More confirmation that fasting is good for us. :)
Thank you for posting that, unfortunately I wasn't able to access the comments. As usual they have to have one negative nelly on there moaning how people wouldn't get enough milk. Unfortunately that milk is usually on sugary cereal!
Debs wrote: Thank you for posting that, unfortunately I wasn't able to access the comments. As usual they have to have one negative nelly on there moaning how people wouldn't get enough milk. Unfortunately that milk is usually on sugary cereal!

Are the comments hidden in your device?

this was a good one from someone named mmm
How about the fact that most of us who find it works for us, actually don't find what you're saying? I don't lack energy, I don't get more hungry (in fact I then feel quite full after a healthy lunch. If I eat breakfast I can then eat twice as much for lunch.) I'm prone to eating less if I give my body a bit of a fast. My very moderate lunch lasts until nearly dinner time, and a standard meal then fills me faster than would otherwise be the case.

Do what works for you.

and this one from moof in Melbourne
egardless of your metabolism, skipping breakfast several days per week is a very good idea. I've been skipping breakfast most work days for a few decades and you really notice the difference in your weight and fitness when you go on a 2 week holiday at a resort which includes all-you-can-eat buffet breakfasts. No wonder those places all have 24hr gyms attached to them. On busy days I might happen to skip lunch too, and that certainly does no harm either.
Thanks for this, per usual, the comments cracked me up. I agree with the one who commented on looking at the science, not a variety of personal opinions.
Though here @Fast Day, our opinions are what keep me going & motivated! I love skipping breakfast now, & my liver tests have come back into the normal range, I'm not going to mess with what's finally working for me.
Great article, thank you! And I've learned a new word - "broscience" - :lol: :lol:
Thanks Juliana x :like: :like: :like:
@Juliana.Rivers I KNEW u would find this! I was going to post on it and thought, bet JR is on to it. I heard it on Triple J news yesterday and it was mentioned on TV news last night. Haven't read article, but they were saying on radio to eat 12 noon to 8pm. I find it interesting it's getting into the "normal" population.
GMH wrote: @Juliana.Rivers I KNEW u would find this! I was going to post on it and thought, bet JR is on to it. I heard it on Triple J news yesterday and it was mentioned on TV news last night. Haven't read article, but they were saying on radio to eat 12 noon to 8pm. I find it interesting it's getting into the "normal" population.

hehe... yeah first thing i do in the morning is look for anything of interest in my facebook. not that its a race but you made me smile. @GMH So much in the media health and weight loss related. Thinking of creating a repository
9 posts Page 1 of 1