The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Yesterdays Sunday telegraph had a feature. 100 things to do do live to 100

well "Fasting Safely" as they called it was number 81

it said
If you are a 5:2 intermittent faster you could be on to something

In a study published in the journal Cell Metabolism, , participants who intermittently fasted for the months of the tria lhad reduced risk factor for ageing, cancer , diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Co author Valter D Longo descripbed the idea behind fasting as a way to "reboot" by cleaning out damaged cells and regenerating new ones

Well of course I say!!!!

Thoughts. ?

It also said i should drink coffee, so im happy!

Anyone read this supplement.
JR so glad that IF is in there!
Any other tips?
I wd really love to live to 100 if i dont deteriorate much more physically / mentally than now..i' m surprised how many people DON'T want to live to reach their centenary
As far asi' m concerned, as long as my DD is here, i want to be here..plus despite all lifes downs,sadnesses and frustrations, PlanetEarth is still a wonderful place to be
Link to anotherTelegraph article on same theme...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/m ... steps.html
CandiceMarie wrote: JR so glad that IF is in there!
Any other tips?
I wd really love to live to 100 if i dont deteriorate much more physically / mentally than now..i' m surprised how many people DON'T want to live to reach their centenary
As far asi' m concerned, as long as my DD is here, i want to be here..plus despite all lifes downs,sadnesses and frustrations, PlanetEarth is still a wonderful place to be
Link to anotherTelegraph article on same theme...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/m ... steps.html

I found the article online @CandiceMarie.. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 7426868813

some are a bit lame and trashy snippets you see in mags like Womans Weekly but others are insightful like number 81 of course!
I like thee number 98. Eat until you are 80% full and and 47 of course... get lucky often :smile: :wink:
yes interesting about living to 100 or not.. if I am frail, diseased and lost my sight or hearing or eating abilities.. no way.. give me a pill or shoot me!

but if i feel well and can smile and have a good support system or family around me, then heck yeah.
Thanks JR x off to bed but look forward to reading tomorrow x
Quote - " heck yeah" ... I love that! X
There was a thread about the Longo study somewhere. It isn't the type of fasting we do. It's more like several days (3, I think) in a row on some special food everyone here thought was too high in carbs. It's interesting in any case. It's a shame he didn't test a type of fasting more people use, like ADF (or 5:2 or 4:3) or 16:8.
5 posts Page 1 of 1