The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

8 posts Page 1 of 1
This was part of an email from the "Official" Fast Diet Forum (Dr. MM's forum):

"For those of you in the UK who need some help planning and preparing what you'll eat on a Fast Day, you can now get delicious low calorie meals delivered straight to your door. With a fantastic selection of soups and main dishes to choose from, including vegetarian and gluten-free options, there is something here for everybody. With a soup and main meal coming in at under 500 calories, it’s easy to create a menu plan that will work for you and help you sail through your Fast Days. Find out more at http://www.fastdietkitchen.co.uk/."

Of course, its only available in the U.K. so doesn't work for me. I KNOW you will all say we don't need food delivery - BUT lots of people DO, they don't cook (or don't want to cook) and I, personally, think its a great idea !!!!!!
Your thoughts ????
To be honest, I'm very disappointed about this; another example of people jumping on the money making bandwagon so beloved of the diet "industry". There are already lots of diet products around. What makes these any different from other low calorie products apart from the "Fast Diet" branding?

Bracken
Yehhh i think i agree with @bracken...it just seems yet again a cynical moneymaking ploy from the food giants,masquerading as helping :frown: and again, the tedious photos of delighted looking attractive slim people ..all supposedly so happy and active just coz just they're using said products!
Wonder how healthy they really are? Can " meals" with a longlife in your store cupboard really be that healthy? :confused:
Well, now that someone has figured out how to make money off this, maybe we will see the diet finally arrive in the U.S.. <wry grin>
I agree with everyone. I guess it's good that it shows that this way of eating is gaining popularity and success and peeps are desperate to cash in on it. We should save our pennies me thinks :bugeyes:
I'm with the majority half the battle of weight loss is educating yourself into good habits you can sustain long term ready prepared meals won't do that . Also if other branded meals are anything to go by ( sorry WW!) they will likely be expensive , not taste good and will be padded out with the kind of stuff I don't want to eat.
I hold my hands up to using protein bars and Innocent Veg pots but that was after a fair amount of research into content taste and nutritional goodness , and I wouldn't eat them all the time.
However if people want to buy them fair play to them if it helps them get started !
RedRobin wrote: I'm with the majority half the battle of weight loss is educating yourself into good habits you can sustain long term ready prepared meals won't do that . Also if other branded meals are anything to go by ( sorry WW!) they will likely be expensive , not taste good and will be padded out with the kind of stuff I don't want to eat.
I hold my hands up to using protein bars and Innocent Veg pots but that was after a fair amount of research into content taste and nutritional goodness , and I wouldn't eat them all the time.
However if people want to buy them fair play to them if it helps them get started !

I had to google innocent veg pots as it sounded intersesting http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/things- ... d/veg-pots
not arrived in Australia i dont think

Protein bars sure have but i now try to make my own.
Ah, I have some food writer & blogger chums who've been eating pre-prepared 5:2 meals lately & commenting on them. I wondered about the source and this might be a clue. :) That and the revised M&S range (I've heard a lot of praise for those dishes).

tbh - altho' I've cooked pretty much every day of my life for more decades than I care to think, I do see the attraction in this for people. No need to calculate, no endless eating/storage of leftovers, no mess, and reduced cognitive load because of the reduced need to think about food planning, handling, preparation and clean-up. Possibly there's also a built-in mechanism for reducing temptation if this is pretty much all someone has in the home on a FD.

Over time, I can see how people might take their experience of eating this way and then devising their own menu plans. Because of this, I'm a little surprised that the company don't offer full menu plans for 7 days rather than just the FDs. But, I suppose this is the notional essence of 5:2 - eat 500-600kcals on the FD but as you choose on the other days.
8 posts Page 1 of 1