The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

15 posts Page 1 of 1
iPhone app?
02 Apr 2013, 13:09
Is there an iPhone app specifically designed for the Fast Diet? I am using MyFitnessPal, which is very easy to use, has extensive food list built in and incorporates activity and goals. The problem is it presumes a consistent calorie goal for every day. Is there a 5:2 app?
Re: iPhone app?
02 Apr 2013, 13:50
TrackMyFast is an App for Android, no experience to report but might help in your search.
02 Apr 2013, 14:03
hi justasking
part of 5.2 is not cal counting except on the 2 fast days
MFP - i use it to give me a rough idea of my feed days and a proper calculation on fast days
you can set it to either maintain or lose weight and i think it was caroees that suggested putting it to maintain and then stick roughly to that for the 5 days and the 500 on fast days - yes mfp wont like it but you should just be using it to get a rough idea on feed days and accurate count on fast days

jeniben
02 Apr 2013, 14:45
There is an IPhone App called Track My Fast it costs £1.69
02 Apr 2013, 21:18
I use EasyDietDiary - I like this better than MyFitnessPal as its Australian (I'm Australian) so it is good for some of our brands plus it doesn't have endless lists of the same foods which I found om MyFirnessPal.
It's free too.
05 Apr 2013, 17:20
I use MFP and just ignore the fact that it is telling me I'm under my calorie goal on fast days
05 Apr 2013, 18:52
Cal Counter app allows to set a daily goal.
07 Apr 2013, 12:25
Can't find EasyDietDiary on android. Is that the same as My Diet Diary Calorie Counter?
07 Apr 2013, 14:11
I have an iPhone so not sure if EasyDietDiary is supported by android - I imagine if you can't find it then the answer is probably no.
05 May 2013, 19:31
Yes there is an official app http://papertrell.com/apps/5_2_Fasting_ ... pes_iPhone

Available on iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone etc...
11 May 2013, 21:54
I've been using the 5:2 Fasting Diet recipes app: http://www.papertrell.com/apps/5_2_Fasting_Diet_Recipes_iPhone

It works for iPhone, iPad, Android and windows.

It has recipes for fasting days split into 100, 200 % 300 calorie options, as well as split into Breakfasts, Dinners & Sweet treats. It also has a built-in calorie counter - which is really useful for keeping track of what i've had when I'm on the go.

It is only £1.99 and I've been using it for low-calorie cooking inspiration for weeks.
26 May 2013, 20:41
I created an app to help me to track my fasts. It was originally for people who wanted to fast for 18 to 24 hours a day but I added a daily calorie/Kj feature so it can be used with the 5:2 diet too.

Its quite nice and simple to use.

It's free at the moment so if anyone wants to try it here's the link

http://intermittent-fasting-app.com/

Any feedback on what to add to it would be great too so I can make it better.

Thanks
26 May 2013, 20:58
I like the App called Lose It! I use that on my fasting days.. Last week was my first week fasting.. I fasted on Monday and Wednesday and followed my 500 calorie allotment religiously.. I am on my second week of fasting starting Monday which is tomorrow in the United States on the East Coast.. This week I will fast Monday and Thursday.. I am not counting my calories on my off days but trying not to go crazy.. I'm anxious for some weight loss but I figure my body will have to get used to my eating changes..
27 May 2013, 00:15
There were a few available in the appstore on my iphone, but I have an iphone 4 and they were all for newer versions. There were also a lot of fasting apps aimed for Ramadan
29 May 2013, 20:46
One app I could recommend is trackmybody - only for iphone. Let you record all your body details so you can see if you are making progress. Calculates you BMI, and estimates body fat%. Doesn't record fasting days but I've been finding it very motivational just to see how I'm progressing. http://trackmybody.me/iphoneAppPage.html
15 posts Page 1 of 1