The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

21 posts Page 2 of 2
nicky_94 wrote: "I wouldn't mind but I'm not talking about ready meals or baked goods where these ingredients 'should' be, I'm talking about things like canned vegetables.."

In a way, canned vegetables are like ready meals, because they have been prepared for us ie cooked.

They have been "tampered with", as regards adding sugar, salt etc. Better to start from scratch when preparing food.

Even then, we don't know for sure that foods are "clean". Fresh meats are injected with water etc., and pesticides lurk on our veg and fruit.
8:26pm No sugar cravings today!!! Today is a fast day, have kept under my allowance. Normally climbing the walls for sugar, well standing with the fridge open.

I had a total of 3 slices of home baked whole wheat bread (no sugar added) with the tiniest scrape of butter. No breakfast as I wasn't hungry. Hungry about 1:30, had 100gms of veggies and 2 slices of the 3. Ate 6:30 Dinner as was so shocked that I wasn't raiding the fridge. Another 100grams of cooked veggies (cabbage, capsicum, a few beans, carrot ) ate last piece of bread with it.
Add a few extra calories for milk in tea and voila! No hunger pangs and no sugar cravings!

Feast days will also be no sugar days. Intend to eat a croissant if I am in a cafe and/or other similar carbs. Am travelling back to Perth (mostly live in Bali) Friday, but am resolved to not eat sugar.
Will be reporting again soon!
Oops! Forgot to add in the lunchtime egg no oil or fat with it.
I've just made a tray of macaroons - basically ground almonds and sugar - and eaten one. Delicious, but I'm already shakey - sugar is really bad for me in its neat form. I feel so much better when I avoid it.
I'd been seriously considering going totally sugar free for a month or so and reading this / listening to the programme has kicked me into doing it. Starting NOW!!

If I'm avoiding sugar (although happy to have naturally occuring sugar in fruits), what alcohol can I drink? I don't drink too much anyway but will still want to enjoy a glass of something with a meal or if I go our with friends...
Hi all!
Have been sugar free since my post. Interesting things are happening:
1) I seldom crave for sugar now, except when under severe stress
2) eating carbs like rice, crisps, nuts quell cravings.
3) many foods I eat now seem sweet to my taste buds.
4) I listen to my body much more and distinguish between hunger and thirst.
When I am in 'captive' situations, like in a plane, I choose to eat a bag of crisps rather than KitKats etc
I enjoy a glass of wine and as white is the lowest calorie, that is my choice.
As you can see, I feel I am back in control of my body. Please pass on to other sugar cravers.
Hugs to all x
21 posts Page 2 of 2