The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
20 Jul 2013, 11:13
http://www.channel5.com/shows/fat-sick- ... l-120-slot

4 days to watch.

Upbeat Aussie takes a juicing machine on a trek across America while addressing his weight and health issues with a juice fast.
Re: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
20 Jul 2013, 11:17
I watched that documentary a while back on Amazon Prime. It was interesting.
20 Jul 2013, 15:48
I've got this recorded to watch at some time. Saw the start but then life got in the way!
21 Jul 2013, 21:19
I've just watched this. Thank you for posting the link. It was really inspirational, and I enjoyed seeing their success.
21 Jul 2013, 22:24
I watched it recently, and just incorporated it into my IF routine. At this point I am just juicing for one or 2 meals on my feed days(usually not a meal coming off my fast, but another meal). Tomorrow I am doing my first fast of the week, and am going to use my allotted calories for 2 juices. I am trying to kick up my weight loss a bit as it has slowed down on IF(4:3) even though I am still doing the same thing as when I first started.
22 Jul 2013, 04:16
BIG BUT...

Juice with caution.
read a relatively recent thread

post78258.html?hilit=juicing#p78258

Always worry when some of us try to change the simple principles of 5:2 and add to it restrictions in food types, times of eating, sleeping, paleo, types of food preparation etc etc.

K.I.S.S. Keep it simple sweetie is what i say. Find 2 (or 3) days you reduce to 25% of TDEE and watch it all just fall off!
22 Jul 2013, 19:26
Understood, but don't see how using up my fasting calories on juice vs eating something else with lower nutrients would make a difference. The benefit of juice is alot of macronutrients for a low caloric load so its better quality calories than eating something else (good or bad). The question is does the juice give you enough of a feeling of fullness to fight off hunger pains. I think all of us who have been on IF for any length of time for weight loss get to a point where we plateau a bit and need to change things up, at least for a short time. I do like the extra energy I get from from juicing so do plan to incorporate the extra nutrients via a juice now and then. Don't see myself going on the all juice fast like in the documentary as that is a total lifestyle change and can't see myself living that way.
7 posts Page 1 of 1